Team Summit - Keynote Address - 2PM ET

Could I get a URL please? The only one that looks like the above, the GM-5000, is only a single-satellite antenna. Pointing is not fully automatic, either. Aha. Found another, available in August. http://www.winegard.com/pathway/index.php Is that the one at Team Summit?

Last edited:

Thanks Bobby.

It's on the Wineguard website, you can read all about it.

I can't read "all about it" because it doesn't say how it gets both EA and WA satellites. It's receiver-powered just like the Tailgater. But the website only talks about the 211 series. One wonders what happens if one 211 asks for channels on a different sat than the other 211. Are there two LNBs in there? Looks like only one from the pic posted by Sherrman.

My guess is the lnb has 2 ports but still can only see 1 sat at a time.

1 thing I'd like to know is how low it will see a sat with a clear los.

129 elevation here is 24 degrees across the horizon. :eek:

Thanks Bobby.

I can't read "all about it" because it doesn't say how it gets both EA and WA satellites. It's receiver-powered just like the Tailgater. But the website only talks about the 211 series. One wonders what happens if one 211 asks for channels on a different sat than the other 211. Are there two LNBs in there? Looks like only one from the pic posted by Sherrman.

It picks up either EA or WA and you choose which.

I did ask about the keyboard remote to confirm that it's been scrapped and it looks to be true. Looks like they are planning on using tablets more for any interacting.

I also asked about the feature they showed last year where you could flag spots in a recording so it's easier to find parts of the show you like. They didn't seem to have an answer on that. If love to see that feature.

Would also be great if you could set up recording playlists, or even simply playing episodes from the beginning to the end.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

Anything on BT keyboards/pointing devices?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I also asked about the feature they showed last year where you could flag spots in a recording so it's easier to find parts of the show you like. They didn't seem to have an answer on that. If love to see that feature.
Yeah, I mentioned that not too long ago. I called it bookmarking.

I am not happy about the keyboard remote being scrapped. it was perfect for my needs. Wish there was a way for me to get my hands on one that was already produced. :(

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I am not happy about the keyboard remote being scrapped. it was perfect for my needs. Wish there was a way for me to get my hands on one that was already produced. :(

Since they are using the tablets to interact so much they just found it will be more likely for the customer to use that. Why not both?

Beta of a x1.2 fast forward. You can watch a show faster without noticing. Kind of neat.
View attachment 87718
I wonder what the range you can have in speed for sensible viewing, listening, not having it made into bird sounds.

Yeah, I mentioned that not too long ago. I called it bookmarking.
Thought of that too but the problems begin with making a list of the marks in each program without messing the recording, I guess.

Would also be great if you could set up recording playlists, or even simply playing episodes from the beginning to the end.
Sure would help with multi-week review of shows without going back to the DVR screen and my having to find my way through the menus and tiles and shows to get the next show.
-Ken

Since they are using the tablets to interact so much they just found it will be more likely for the customer to use that. Why not both?

Exactly, I do not have a tablet nor do I have plans to get one. Having one device makes more sense for me. :(

Exactly, I do not have a tablet nor do I have plans to get one. Having one device makes more sense for me. :(

You don't have a tablet yet but you may in the near future. Does anyone in the family have a smartphone?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts