Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
My mailbox just exploded...

MEDIA ADVISORY -
DISH TO UNVEIL NEW FEATURE FOR HOPPER WHOLE-HOME DVR ON MEDIA TELECONFERENCE

DISH, the nation’s third largest pay-TV provider, will announce the launch of a new feature for its Hopper whole-home DVR that will provide viewers with even more versatility and convenience.

The award-winning Hopper, which was introduced at the 2012 International CES and went on sale on March 15, currently allows subscribers to record with one click, all of the primetime TV programming from ABC, CBS, FOX and NBC through the PrimeTime Anytime™ feature. This creates an on-demand library of approximately 100 hours of TV shows for eight days after airing that can be watched simultaneously in four rooms of the house.

Please join us for a teleconference to hear about the evolution of the Hopper.

Speakers: Joe Clayton, CEO
Vivek Khemka, Vice President of Product Management

Date: Thursday, May 10, 2012

Time: 2:00 p.m. EDT

Chances are we will have the announcement BEFORE the press event is held as we will be there for the Team Summit event. I have a few guesses of what it is but will leave that speculation and dreaming to you guys. :)

How about some wild/crazy speculation in the Pub? ;) My speculation is that PTAT will be expanded to include all HD channels on the transponder.

You probably just caused Bob to soil himself!

OK, additional speculation. I don't think video over Ethernet, or even OTA tuners, merits a press conference. But how about dual-Hopper integration?

I speculate the new feature will be either OTA TV tuner or Hoppers sharing programming... Either one would be a big win for the Hopper.

How about some sort of integration with a ROKU type device that will allow subs to watch sports (Such as Extra Innings) at much cheaper price than Directv charges

How about some sort of integration with a ROKU type device that will allow subs to watch sports (Such as Extra Innings) at much cheaper price than Directv charges
If you want a Roku buy a Roku.

I would however like to see a Hopper App for MLB.TV. :D

I am hearing that it is 24/7 HD RSNS!

Just KIDDING!

It's a new Hopper feature!

Thats just wrong in so many ways Scott!:D

I'm sure hoping for some positive news though,with the Rainbow dispute and ongoing Disney dispute they need to have some positive news.

Based on the wording (I received the announcement too) I think it will be integration.

But announcing it's coming isn't big news IMO, announcing an arrival date would be.

Since everyone has already mentioned the expected stuff, I'd love to see this be the addition of apps that provide more flexibility in accessing programming: HBO Go, the Cinemax and Showtime equivalents, MLB.tv, even access to the full online content of DishOnline and (not holding my breath, but) competing other services like Amazon or Hulu+.

That would provide users with tremendous flexibility. Most likely, the flexibility mentioned is probably hopper integration, OTA tuner access, or an expansion of PTAT to record all local HD channels on the transponder. But we might as well dream big right?

My guesses:

1. OTA module
2. RG59/6 no longer needed, USB Wireless N will be supported between Joeys and Hopper.

I've been saying it for a long time but I think they'll announce that Hopper integration will be available. I still don't think OTA support will be available for a couple months but I could see Dish anouncing their plans for it in more detail.

Scherrman said:
I've been saying it for a long time but I think they'll announce that Hopper integration will be available. I still don't think OTA support will be available for a couple months but I could see Dish anouncing their plans for it in more detail.

I think dual hopper integration would be the only feature worthy of a special press announcement unless this is a whole new feature we haven't heard about in their plans.

OTA support will be good for those who wanted it but I don't see it being a big enough deal to most people for a special event.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts