Team Summit Report

We can complain that the 922 lease will only be for new subs. And existing subs that are out of contract won't be able to get one even if they renew their contract.

Although I'm happy enough with SpeedHD, that I could settle with a 722 with a SlingHD box.

Is this true? Did they announce this at the Summit? I don't see it in Scott's report.

Ditto.

Now the game begins: What the heck will those mysterious 10 exclusive regional channels be?------

QUOTE]

Keep an eye on the dish.com.mx programming schedule. I'm guessing it will be spanish language channels that will also show up on the mexican service and will likely start sometime after E1 arrives at 77W.

When are they planning to start the CMT HD Concerts on 101?

I guess if retailers aren't getting beta 922's until June, then we won't be seeing them for a while yet.

We can complain that the 922 lease will only be for new subs. And existing subs that are out of contract won't be able to get one even if they renew their contract.
Actually it will be available to old and new customers on a lease for $199. Just be aware it extends your commitment for 24 months. :)

Ditto.

Now the game begins: What the heck will those mysterious 10 exclusive regional channels be?

Of course I also want to know what 30 HD channels are we getting. (I hope not 25 PPV)

Man, I am excited (and impatient)

the 10 exclusive mostly from the new joint venture from dish in mexico

I played with the 922 here for awhile and it has a way to go. Many of the features on it are not working yet such as recording, tv2 output, no Sling features etc...

I am however told that they are close on all of those and are adding pices one at a time.

The remote takes ALOT of getting use to and no you wont be able to use an old Dish Remote with the unit (at least not at release, however it does have IR support built in so if there is an outcry they can write software and enable it. (I think they should start working on that now.. I suspect there will be such an outcry. :)

For me I need numbers on the remote and was sorely missing them when playing with the 922. Yeah I could bring up and on screen keyboard and then use the mousepad to pick my numbers, but it would be a lot faster if I had the numbers on the remote for direct entry.

When I saw a picture of that remote on here I was thinking that it might have been a bad idea and they need to have the option for the original DVR remote.

Great recap....now what can we complain about.......

I for one am going to complain long, hard, and loud that Dish only launched LOGO in HD. COMPLETE CRAP!
Don't get me wrong, I am glad that they at least got off their asses after three years and launched the damn channel, but there are still a lot of customers who only have SD programming, and it's not like the channel isn't in SD. Direct, Comcrap, and just about everyone else has it in SD for christ sake.

Then he shows a video from CMT announcing that CMT Front Row will be presenting EXCLUSIVE concerts in HD once a month on Dish Network channel 101.!

I guess I am the only one who noticed that this means that Dish will have their own HD channel for promotions - something they have not had since the HD Demo channel.

It allows the possibility of ... cue the scary music .... :eek:... the Charlie Chat in HD ... :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts