Team Summit Report

Get off your butt and get HD. :)

To be honest with you I didn't know Logo was a HD channel.

You going to buy the TV and pay the DIU fee so I can get HD? ;)
In this monetary climate at this time it is not prudent for me to spend that kind of money in order to upgrade my perfectly working SD television and my sufficiently working 625 receiver.
To be honest, I don't think anyone else did either. I know that Direct nor comcast has LOGO in HD, but since Dish is the HD leader... :rolleyes:

IIRC, Dish has eliminated the "HD Access Fee", so anyone can upgrade to a 612 or 622/722 and be able to view any HD channel on their SD TV.

They still charge extra for HD. The access fee they eliminated was to access local OTA channels. You still need to pay for Dish based HD.

You don't need an HDTV to watch Logo HD. :) All Dish HD receivers downconvert HD on your SD set. :)
Not to mention that Logo HD looks terrible (and sounds even worse). Hopefully they'll address it for those who have been waiting for this channel. Mav TV HD looked pretty poor earlier this afternoon, too. And FTV is just weird, so far. An excellent replacement (NOT!) for Smith HD (same channel # 374) This is just my opinion, YMMV.

The channel is $20 a month (if you don't have any HD). The DIU fee spread over the 24 months is a fraction of that.

You can probably get a "retention CSR" to waive the DIU charge if you commit to the Platinum HD package that has Logo-HD for 12 or 24 months.

PS No doubt Dish's need for more Platinum HD channels has allowed some SD channels to claim a spot in the HD world, which is something that channels like MavTV and Logo otherwise have a hard time achieving.

The news on the 922 are not good to me, for one it will not be available for some time, for another, the touch pad feature may backfire because the ones that are the most likely to prefer the touch pad will be the kids who worked with Wii type of games and widgets on PC screens. Yet those are probably the last group of people the 922s will be aimed for.

The main TV room that an expensive piece like the 922 will first reside is more likely reserved for the old farts in the house who will hate that touch pad.

The channel is $20 a month (if you don't have any HD). The DIU fee spread over the 24 months is a fraction of that.

You can probably get a "retention CSR" to waive the DIU charge if you commit to the Platinum HD package that has Logo-HD for 12 or 24 months.

PS No doubt Dish's need for more Platinum HD channels has allowed some SD channels to claim a spot in the HD world, which is something that channels like MavTV and Logo otherwise have a hard time achieving.

Or I can let Dish go and go to Direct or Comcrap and get the channel in SD for about the same price as I am spending with Dish right now, which for the first time in over 7 years and a Dish sub, I am actually contemplating... :( :confused:

AK an HI, what happened?

Scott, any info on what happened to the new channels for AK and HI that were suppose to be added today? Lot's of disappointed viewers in AK and HI for sure. :confused:

Scott, any info on what happened to the new channels for AK and HI that were suppose to be added today? Lot's of disappointed viewers in AK and HI for sure. :confused:

+1

I actually have a letter from the Dish Dispute Resolution Team that says it would be available in AK/HI on May 8.

If true Dish is saying we do not care for our current subscriber base. If dish does this then I will be gone since I will not matter to dish!!!!!!:mad:

Dish played the same game when the 322 and 522 were offered first to new customers only. In fact for a period of time Dish would not even SELL an existing customer a dual tuner.
Many times customers complained to me, a tech(like I can do something) that Dish did not treat it's existing customers fairly.
One thing is for sure. We as field personnel will need extensive training on the 922. Another thing. Anyone over the age of 40 won't have a clue as to how to operate a remote control that has no buttons.
I am all for technology. But when a large percentage of your customer base will have difficulty understanding said technology it's maybe a time to take the oppotunity to fine tune a few things.

Scott - has there been any official word confirming that the HBO/Starz for 3 months promo would be replaced by an HBO/Showtime promo ?
The Dish web site changed the expiration date on the HBO/Starz promo from 5/5 to 5/13...

I for one am going to complain long, hard, and loud that Dish only launched LOGO in HD. COMPLETE CRAP!
Don't get me wrong, I am glad that they at least got off their asses after three years and launched the damn channel, but there are still a lot of customers who only have SD programming, and it's not like the channel isn't in SD. Direct, Comcrap, and just about everyone else has it in SD for christ sake.

HBO the Zone is offered on Dish only in HD, not the SD equivalent. I can't blame Dish. It is all about HD now.

They still charge extra for HD. The access fee they eliminated was to access local OTA channels. You still need to pay for Dish based HD.

I think you're confused. It is the "HD Enabling Fee" that was removed. This was a fee charged to those who did not subscribe to any HD services, but wanted to activate and use and HD capable STB on their account. However, any HD equivalent of a premium like HBO and Showtime and HD LIL's would be open for viewing to the sub, provided you can see the satellite, at no additional charge.

There was never any separate fee for OTA channels (nor OTA guide info). That was always and, I believe, still is, a part of the Local Channels Package that provide you LIL via satellite. Subscription to that package includes OTA guide info. In other words, if you want the OTA guide info, you must subscribe to the Local Channels Package.

Originally Posted by dishcomm
Anyone over the age of 40 won't have a clue as to how to operate a remote control that has no buttons.

Your probably right but @55 yrs.old I am willing to give it a shot :p. Some of my current toys;

Home theater with 100" screen, Blu Ray. HD DVD, 622, 4 EHD's, 4 12" subs, Harmony 880, and Onkyo 805. Home Theater pictures from friends & fun photos on webshots

Home office with 50" Panny plasma, Onkyo 605, Polk 6750, Velo Sub, Harmony 880, and a 612 reciever.
Canon DSLR's, Lenses, and a Canon HD Camcorder

Please don't underestimate us old codgers :), my first surround system was a couple old car speakers that I wired into the mono speaker of our 25" console tv back in the seventies before surround sound became mainstream ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)