Team Summit Updates

I think you'd definitely be in the minority on that one. The providers (Dish, DTV, etc..) need to get their HD bases covered (completely) before jumping in the deep end of the 4K pool. Some content is certainly needed, but there is not that much out there, I am sure it is on the way, but with millions and millions of an installed base, HDTV (720/1080) is far from being yesterday's news. 4K is where HDTV was about 10 or 12 years ago right now. Frankly I am surprised at all of the threads here regarding the swap out of all the QPSK equipment for 8PSK. Surprised at how many SD only (and no DVR) customers there still are out there.

I think "some" 4K news would be welcome. There is not much 4K content but having a couple VOD channels would be nice. Due to a move, I had to temporarily put my Dish account on hold and pick up cable for a few months. While I hated the entire experience, the one thing that did stand out in favor of cable was the picture quality. It was quite noticeable. It would be nice to see Dish put some efforts into better HD quality before going getting too much into 4K. Some channels are good but there are some that need some help.

That was about it. Really quiet Team Summit for news.

Next years Team Summit is in Washington DC.

What so they can tell the retailers they need to make a political donation to the candidate of their choice?

One year it was hillery Clinton for president, the other year a democratic senator, the year after the republican congressional committee.

Had to make the max donation to each of them under pressure from Dish.

The republicans I didn't mind. Really irritated me having to give money to the democrats.

I worked for a major telecommunications company about 25 years ago. I was in a management position. They wanted all managers to contribute to their PAC. In other words "we want you to pay for our lobby." Each year I told them no. Each year I saw no raise or bonus. Luckily for me I retired from that company after two years of that BS....

Reactions: TheKrell
Pressuring retailers to contribute to political campaigns is so wrong.

The worst thing was that I get an email from Jim defranco asking me to support this democratic senator.

I send this guy $1000, and get An email back from Jim saying they where really looking for retailers to contribute the maximum amount.

Then I go to team summit and one of the vp's take me aside and basically tell me you make good money with us and we really need the max donation which was I think $2500.

Same thing for hillery Clinton.

Never in my whole life I thought I would have to give money to a democrat.

The worst thing was that I get an email from Jim defranco asking me to support this democratic senator.

I send this guy $1000, and get An email back from Jim saying they where really looking for retailers to contribute the maximum amount.

Then I go to team summit and one of the vp's take me aside and basically tell me you make good money with us and we really need the max donation which was I think $2500.

Quite honestly that's crap. You should never have been forced or pressured into donating to anyone's campaign. Sorry Claude!

That is BS especially for Democrat. So much for freedom of choice.

What so they can tell the retailers they need to make a political donation to the candidate of their choice?

One year it was hillery Clinton for president, the other year a democratic senator, the year after the republican congressional committee.

Had to make the max donation to each of them under pressure from Dish.

The republicans I didn't mind. Really irritated me having to give money to the democrats.
I call BS!! Don't believe a word of it. And even if you didn't just make this up, aren't you a founding member? why do feel the need to go so far off topic? "Team Summit Updates" is the topic here not I'm whiny bellend who needs validation in my sad misery filled life and I want the attention on me. See, now I'm off topic too!!

Nah I actually believe Claude in this one in fact I was with Claude at one if these fund raisers where he paid to get me in because dish told them they needed more money from him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts