Team Summit

And I'm predicting that a name change doesn't change the output of the poster.... No, wait, that's not a prediction, it's a reality!

Team Summitt

Id like to see the Charley Chats resume

I'd like to see a good deal on upgrades like to HD for us subscribers
who have been with Dish for years.

Seems like the newbies get all the good deals

A nice addition would be some way to quickly turn on closed captions instead of going through 8 clicks on the remote to do it. Most TVs have a simple CC button, but Dish doesn't. That would be a very handy addition for us folks whose hearing is starting to go bad.

Larry
SF

Yes one button closed captioning would be a very useful feature. The 155mm howitzers ruined my hearing.

Jim

The multiroom extender. Is it dead or do they actually plan to release it? IF SO WHEN? Can we get some sort of real date that they actually plan on living up to and not just SOON. Dish and I have very different ideas of what soon means. My idea of soon is not 18 months.

How about finding out if they are coming out with a larger EA dish to combat premature snow/rain fade in the Northeast. That would make alot subs up here happy!!

It's Goalie Bob. I think him and Bob H are related in some way.

It's not like its a secret.... That I changed my user name. Anyhow my attitude towards dish will change when they make an effort to stop being a third / fourth / fifth tier service. Name another Major provider that has had a sub-loss in this economy for as many consecutive quarters as Dish. You wont find it. Dish consistently puts on the blinders and blames the economy, when in reality its their lack of commitment to offer a competitive product. They are missing the boat on some major stuff like MRV, and HDRSN's. I for the life of me cant understand why dish has not added HD RSN's. HD Sports programming is the ONLY programming that you cant pick up via Netflix, Apple TV, Redbox, ect. You can find movies, TV show's and even have them streamed to you tv directly via Hulu, Netflix, Roku, ect. While yes you can do the same thing with some major sports packages, Local sports programming is the ONLY programming not available to the masses through alternate sources other than other multichannel competitors.

Also, if you take a look at the past. When dish was building up their SD system back in the 90's. Sports programming was a major driving factor in the building of their system. They couldn't keep enough boxes on the shelves as demand for the service was very high as they offered the programming people wanted. Now, costumers are flocking due to the lack of sports programming and programming spouts. I don't think its a coincidence. There is a reason behind why costumers are not choosing dish network, and word is getting around, if it already hasn't. There used to be a day where I would recommend dish to anyone and everyone. I cant do that anymore because dish simply isnt attractive when it comes to programming options. Its come to the point I would recommend UVERSE before dish. That says alot! If dish wants to change my mind, then the company needs to change directions. Hopefully team summit will be apart of that..... But.. I'm not holding my breath.

Guide info for Sub Channels

Please try to find out when we will get programming info instead of Digital Channel on our Receivers. for those lucky enough to to have an OTA tuner and great Digital programming.

They are missing the boat on some major stuff like MRV, and HDRSN's. I for the life of me cant understand why dish has not added HD RSN's. HD Sports programming is the ONLY programming that you cant pick up via Netflix, Apple TV, Redbox, ect. You can find movies, TV show's and even have them streamed to you tv directly via Hulu, Netflix, Roku, ect. While yes you can do the same thing with some major sports packages, Local sports programming is the ONLY programming not available to the masses through alternate sources other than other multichannel competitors.

EXACTLY!

Please try to find out when we will get programming info instead of Digital Channel on our Receivers. for those lucky enough to to have an OTA tuner and great Digital programming.

Ok, for those of us not living in CA, explain In English or Clingon, or something I understand?:D

Because the majority of the population doesn't care about sports; nor do we wish to pay for it because the minority wants it. DISH caters to the majority.....unless you happen to be a certain distributor or two with Charlie's number on speed dial.

I don't know that to be the case, but it isn't the real issue. Sports programming has become far more expensive for Dish, Direct, etc.. to carry than other programming that is included in the packages. It has to become a package like HBO is. Team Summit should be looking into that.
And as for catering to the majority, somewhat yes, but there has to be room for Niche channels, which by the way sometimes become must have channels.

Because the majority of the population doesn't care about sports; nor do we wish to pay for it because the minority wants it.

I don't buy that. And even *IF* it were true, charge a little extra and don't include RSNs in the base packages. That way those that want HD sports can at least get them. The point is, you can can movies and tv shows from Netflix or iTunes. Good luck trying to get sports that way. Sports are the main reason I don't cut the cable...err...Dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts