Team Summit

+1
A nice addition would be some way to quickly turn on closed captions instead of going through 8 clicks on the remote to do it. Most TVs have a simple CC button, but Dish doesn't. That would be a very handy addition for us folks whose hearing is starting to go bad.

Larry
SF

You should have an option to have the CC turned on when you mute. All my TV's do. (Also posted this in the GUI thread)

Thanks for all the feedback so far folks! KEEP IT COMING!

The DISH Team has been reading your comments and are paying attention! I hope to talk about the DISH team about many of the comments you posted here.

Nobody covers Team Summit like SatelliteGuys. :)

Again keep the coments coming... DISH is watching!

Tell them to please make my 222K guide work like my 722K. Mostly full listings on 722, "digital service" on 222 for ota channels.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the feedback so far folks! KEEP IT COMING!

The DISH Team has been reading your comments and are paying attention! I hope to talk about the DISH team about many of the comments you posted here.

Nobody covers Team Summit like SatelliteGuys. :)

Again keep the coments coming... DISH is watching!

MLB Network, please.

On my TV which is standard definition TV the CC works that way through the coax or S-Video.It does not work at all with 480i Component.Guess that's why the HD DVRs like the 722k/wMT2 I use has CC builtin?.

Yes it's kinda ironic with the enhancements enabled during a commercial I can press select to learn more about the Ford Focus,but I can't press select to enable closed captioning on or off?.

A nice addition would be some way to quickly turn on closed captions instead of going through 8 clicks on the remote to do it. Most TVs have a simple CC button, but Dish doesn't. That would be a very handy addition for us folks whose hearing is starting to go bad.

Larry
SF

Yes!

Okay so I figure I'd throw in my 2 cents on topics that are important to me:
GoogleTV Support for 922
BBC World Service News Channel (Discovery is offering it!)
Discovery Health and Fitness (I want my Dr. G!)
Ship out the Sling Receiver NOW!
Come to an agreement with Disney to bring Disney XD HD back.
Preview Future Receivers... just show us something that will knock our socks off!

Whole home DVR and resolution of the Disney dispute (So that I get ESPNUHD before football season) is really what I want!

I'd be interested on trying to understand the business reasons behind these 2 points:
1- Did Dish give up on NYC metro area sports fans?
2- Why it seems that Dish, of all other TV providers, is the one involved with the most litigation - Tivo, Disney, GolTv, etc

Now for some other questions that I have:
1- What are DIsh's plans for Multi-room DVR?
2- When is doing going to start offering 24/7 hd rsns
3- Any new satellite launches planned for the next years? If so, what are the plans for these satellites?
4- How is Dish planning to leverage the wireless spectrum that Echostar owns?
5- Does Dish plan to expand IPTV to subscribers other than international/indian subscribers?
6- Overall input on how Dish senior management sees industry going in the next couple of years.
7- How can Dish leverage Blockbuster assets for Dish's existing subscribers? 8- Sling Receiver 300 does is allows you to watch TV2 output from your 922 (or soon 722 and 722k) on TV2 in FULL HD Resolution!Sling Mutliroom Extender for the 922. This will give you TV2 in full HD from the 922 9- When are they finally going to offer Distant HD Networks... 10- Super Station Package in HD
11- That new Weather channel they announced they were going to launch last year during the contract disputes.
12- A newer 922 type of model or a new receiver with Google TV built right in.
13- Getting the disney channels and espnnews back in HD.
14- MLB Network please

Larry
SF

Amen, brother!

Not to be a broken record, but I haven't said it yet in this thread or in regard to the team summit... What about getting Versus in AT120 and AT120+ in light of the NHL's 10 year contract extension with them? 10 more years of exclusive NHL regular season, playoff, and Stanley Cup final games should be a renewed impetus to get a deal done on this IMHO.

Not to be a broken record, but I haven't said it yet in this thread or in regard to the team summit... What about getting Versus in AT120 and AT120+ in light of the NHL's 10 year contract extension with them? 10 more years of exclusive NHL regular season, playoff, and Stanley Cup final games should be a renewed impetus to get a deal done on this IMHO.

+1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)