Team Summit

I have 2 3DTV's and I have both DISH and DIRECTV. I got to be honest I rarely watch any 3D on them, sometimes there may be something on DIRECTV I do check out, but its more of a special thing then a regular thing.

In my house the 3D is used for playing video games, and to me that is where 3D shines. 3D gaming is AMAZING!

No 3D Blu-Rays?

Do they have any plans for Hawaii/Alaska/PR for additional HD channels?

It's nice to see them add HD channels on a fairly regular schedule, but none of them make it to us. There are some customers like myself that could view all of the recently added HD channels if they weren't blocked by Dish.

Please find out info on:

1. Info a Whole Home DVR that is better than what DirecTV is doing. Can you connect 3 HD DVRS together and watch recordings from any room from any DVR?

2. Super Station Package in HD

3. That new Weather channel they announced they were going to launch last year during the contract disputes.

4. A newer 922 type of model with Google TV built right in.

5. Info about Block busters merger. Will we see an unlimited movie streaming service like Netflix has on Dishntwork DVRs?

Last edited:
I sell TVs and I see very little interest in 3D right now. It's going to take some time, especially in Iowa.

I'm also going to be in Denver for Team Summit and am excited to hear some news. I would like to hear what Dish plans to do with the Blockbuster deal. I'm expecting Dich to talk a lot about connectivity with broadband. I've already noticed their shift towards more things being connected online and streaming video. One thing they mentioned last year that I was excited about but haven't seen is the ability to load recorded content from a receiver and put it on an iPad. Having content stored on a device would get rid of the problem of not being in an area with wifi to access your receiver.

I'm sure Scott will keep you guys updated instantly but if I see anything worth noting I will try to get it on here too or pass it on to Scott to make sure he hasn't already posted it.(Most likely he will be way ahead of me)

Please find out info on:

1. Info a Whole Home DVR that is better than what DirecTV is doing. Can you connect 3 HD DVRS together and watch recordings from any room from any DVR?

2. Super Station Package in HD

3. That new Weather channel they announced they were going to launch last year during the contract disputes.

4. A newer 922 type of model with Google TV built right in.

5. Info about Block busters merger. Will we see an unlimited movie streaming service like Netflix has on Dishntwork DVRs?

+1

I don't think they'll tell Scott anything that he can tell us unless it's generic info. I don't think he'll get any scoops.

All it takes for an all MPEG-4 system is to have all customers use MPEG-4 capable receivers. Sounds easy, except when it comes to money. Oh, and dealing with customers with old TVs who don't want to view a cropped picture or anything letterboxed.

Scott Greczkowski said:
There will be no 922 with GoogleTV built in.

I should of stated it would be a new receiver. I thought I read somewhere that dish is coming out with a new receiver that will have google tv build in along with sling box can I be wrong?

I should of stated it would be a new receiver. I thought I read somewhere that dish is coming out with a new receiver that will have google tv build in along with sling box can I be wrong?

There's nothing showing in our "In Development" section for receivers. Honestly, I don't see it happening.

All of us DIRT peeps are excited to meet up with Scott (hoping to attend Team Summit also).

Scott, get a picture of the "DIRT peeps".

waynes.jpeg

close enough

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)