Tech Support Number

esrosen

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 7, 2005
Derek Serianni,

Please send me a number to call so I can talk to you. I opened a ticket 23133 on the 26th of November and have heard nothing in over two weeks. In this forum I have gotten a few posts from yourself and David, but nothing is resolved.

This is too slow a process. I need to know if the radio is defective or not. The channels do not load. I have been staring at "Waiting for Channel Load" for weeks. The signal strength is good, since I stuck the antenna out the window. There are no drop outs and it is reported consistently at 66%.

Sirius has no idea how to help me or even what kind of radio I have. Each time I explain the situation, they have never heard of you and do not know what to do. I get put on hold and then end up transferred to someone else or disconnected.

I do not know where I go from here.... At this point, I am fairly convinced it must be the radio that is defective. I was listening to 184 for over an hour and Sirius sent numerous activation signals, none of which had any visible effect on my unit.

Now, I can't even get through to your support site for an RMA. Sirius' last piece of advice was to call Kenwood (Directed Electronics) support number, but I suspect they won't have any idea on how to help me either.

Eric

Last edited:
I believe I already forwarded your ticket to our RMA group to arrange for a replacment.

I know that the person taking care of that deparment had to leave for a funeral out of town.

He may not be back yet.

I will follow up later today on the status of this for you.

Our plan is to send you out a new radio.......

Derek

Thank you. The not knowing and inability to contact anyone directly is as I'm sure you can imagine very frustrating.

When should I expect the new radio? I assume I can tell Sirius to switch my subscription to the new EIN number.

The RMA department will let you know when the new unit is shipped out.

Sirius will happily change the radio ID at no charge.

D.

As long as I am up and running before the 9th I'll be happy. I hope they test the replacements before sending them out. I don't want to go through this again. The person in Sirius Backstage that went through 11 Directive Kenwood connect units freaked me out.

We do indeed test equipment before it goes out the door. For RMA exchanges we test 100% of the time - so we can really tell if it is an equipment problem or a PC problem!

I don't think we've ever come close to someone needing to do 11 exchanges with us! I think 3 is the most and that happened once or twice.

I'm going to check on your ticket right now - you should have a response to your ticket in your inbox. Things will get moving on Monday for you. Thanks for being patient.

David K.
Time Trax

Last edited:
You sent out the new radio with no instructions on how to reactivate TimeTrax. The old key is no good and there was no new key in the box.

I replied to your support ticket. Use your original activation key that was sent to you.

Derek

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts