Technical Article on Directv Equipment??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

LFDavidson

Original poster
Dec 6, 2006
New here. I have a single receiver installation right now but may want to add more receivers in the future. Is there a technical document somewhere that discusses the dish, lnb, receiver, and multi-switch combinations, new and old equipment, how they are connected, etc with what needs to be added or changed when increasing receivers?? Is it easy or wise to add used equipment?? Basically looking for a technical guide to avoid mistakes and pitfalls...

The manual doesn't answer the questions I have. I checked there first. I am looking for a more technical discussion beyond the simple hook up info in the manual. Thought that this site might have something more meaningful and informative on the technical aspects of Directv and its equipment than the user manual provides. Thanks anyway, I'll try Google again.....

The manual doesn't answer the questions I have. I checked there first. I am looking for a more technical discussion beyond the simple hook up info in the manual. Thought that this site might have something more meaningful and informative on the technical aspects of Directv and its equipment than the user manual provides. Thanks anyway, I'll try Google again.....

I agree, those user manuals are idiot-proof/DirecTV-For-Dummies guides. The HR20 manual doesn't even go into any depth about the DVR features -- my DVR guide has a Showcases tab that isn't even discussed in the user manual.

I have not seen any tech manuals, online or print. However, there is a lot of technical knowledge on the forum in the form of its members. I suggest that you break down your issues into bite-sized questions, and ask them one-at-a-time or in short-bursts.

The results should give some decent discussion. Maybe somebody would even consolidate the answers into a Knowledge Base sub-forum.... :) a set of HOW-TO's, etc.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)