Technical Help

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

asalnars

Original poster
Jun 30, 2006
I have just installed a HD DVR and have ran into problems. I live in a very low signal area and so have one 8 foot dish and another 6 foot dish.

I had the 8 foot dish setup on 101 and the 6 footer on 119 and everything was working fine except for the lack of decent HD programing on 119. So I decided to reset the 6 footer to 110 but it does not seem to work. Somebody told me that in order to be able to tune 110 I also need to have 119 tuned as well, is that correct????. I was hoping that there is a way to run 101 and 110 together without 119 otherwise I will need yet one more dish.

A second question is what equipment is needed to be able to tune into the new 103 bird?. Does anybody know if the 103 bird has a decent signal strength way south below the U.S. border???.

I thank anybody who can be so kind as to answer my questions.

To receive the 110 sat you need a special LNB (Sat C) and combiner. What the LNB does is shift TPs 28, 30, & 32 to 8, 10, & 12. Then the combiner sums those in with t TPs 22-32 on the 119 sat.

I doubt the 103 sat has a footprint that far south.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)