TechSAT TRACKER II

Status
Please reply by conversation.

msharifi

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 10, 2008
Hi all,

I bought a complete system 30 inch dish, Traxis 1500 along with techsat Tracker II (red colore) I'm not able to point to 97West on Galaxy 25. I ordered a Skytracker Pro II to find the satellite I'm wondering if anyone else having the same problem. How good is the tracker II LNB?

Thanks for the reply,

No motor
Irvine Ca 92614

I looked at dishpointer.com downloaded a software to pinpoint the satellite no luck.

I ordered a Skytracker Pro II I hope I can get the dish align with the tool.

Do you happen to know on Traxis 1500 what the level % needs to be before you can find out if you are point at Galaxy 25 satellite?

Any switches?
Is your LNB a Standard(L.O.=10750) Or Universal(L.O. Low = 9750 L.O. Hi - 10600)
Did you remember to Skew the LNB to (minus) -28.1
c/p
----- When standing in front of your dish, rotate the LNBF anti-clockwise for + skew values.

Rotate the LNBF clockwise for - skew values.
-------------------------
You are looking for "Quality" Strength, "Signal" Strength just shows that there is power to the LNB
In the Traxis, make sure you have a Live TP selected
Here is one - Freq:11716 Polarity:V Scan Rate: 22000
The Elevation gage on the Dish can be inaccurate. Using a compass, aim the Dish to proper direction (Azimuth - for you 132.6) Then adjust Elevation(for you 44.9). If possible drag a TV and Receiver out to the Dish. While at the dish and watching the TV, Pan the Dish to the Left and Right looking for the Quality Signal to go up. If nothing, adjust the elevation Up or Down, make small moves, and Pan Left and Right again.

Its a standard 10750
Correct -28.1

How do I get to the live TP? what does Live TP stand for?

I did dragtv and receiver witht he dish and no matter where I point little by little right to left up and down no quality.

I will try it again on Thursday when I get the Skytracker

Awesome! Thanks so much for the info. I love the site and people like your self for helping out.

What percentage should the quailty be to get a good signal?

I'm not sure as I dont remember it on top of my head. I'll check it out today and let you know.

So I tried yesterday at my house I got 25-31 quality and was able to get 2 ch. Pentagon but no other ch. I took the satellie to my moms house the signal comes and goes. Since they are so many satellite how do I know I'm point at Galaxy 25? I was hoping the Skytracker would tell me if I'm pointing at the right satellite.

if I put the dish on the ground I can get like 31% quality and I'm wondering if I need a bigger dish then 30 in.

Thanks

So I tried yesterday at my house I got 25-31 quality and was able to get 2 ch. Pentagon but no other ch. I took the satellie to my moms house the signal comes and goes. Since they are so many satellite how do I know I'm point at Galaxy 25? I was hoping the Skytracker would tell me if I'm pointing at the right satellite.

if I put the dish on the ground I can get like 31% quality and I'm wondering if I need a bigger dish then 30 in.

Thanks
Get a 36" dish. That's a lot better that a 30" when it comes to Hunting Linear sats on KU band.

I believe the Pentagon Channel is on AMC 1 @ 103 west. You need to have Galaxy 25 selected in the receivers setup menu with a live TP (11715)selected and point a little to the east.
When you find a channel and can identify it (Pentagon). you can go to...
SatelliteGuys.US - TheList and search the name of the channel and find what sat you are pointed to.

I followed your direction and I did pick intelsat 5 which used to be Telstar 5 and now Galaxy 25. I did select 11716 and I used my laptop to view your notices.

correct. I had to manually type in the feq and scan at 2200. I followed what you wrote in couple of days..

In the Traxis Antenna Setup Menu
Antenna - Galaxy 25
LNB Type - Standard or Normal Ku
LNB Freq: 10750
Transponder - look for "11716"
22Khz - OFF
12V - OFF
DiSEqC - OFF
LNB Power - 13/18v

I'm just trying to figure out if I selected intelstar 5 how come the reciever picked up Pen. ch......

that is 22000 vs 2200! On a Blind Scan it will pick up what ever you are pointed at, doesn't matter what Sat is selected in the receiver.

Sorry I meant to say 22000 typo in the msg but did put 22000 in the reciever. I dont have blind scan in Traxis 1500.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)