Problem Finding Birds

Status
Please reply by conversation.

RFtech

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 25, 2005
I am trying to tune in on the arc, I have a 31" dish with QPH031 LNB, SG2100 Motor and a Merc II. I am getting the DSS birds but limited linear birds. I do get the
White Springs bird. Everything is set up right I have a c band dish everything tunes ok on c band, I set that up so I do know how to find the arc but this ku dish is pissing me off just trying to find 10R. I do have a meter in line while tuning the DSS birds are strong but the linear signals are hard to find. I live in communist Philadelphia so I should be in a good area for signal strength.

Linear Ku is Picker than the "Round Birds"
You could pick a Slot that has both Linear and Circular like 91 west. Zero in on Nimiq1(Circular), then switch to Galaxy 11(Linear) and tweak.

You're probably just a bit off on either dish elevation or azimuth. If you can, take the FTA receiver and a small TV out to the dish site, and use the signal quality meter to peak your dish. Should only need VERY small adjustments, the aim is very sensitive.

I played with it last night and got 10R in, very happy now things are looking good thanks for the help............Comcast Sucks.

Status
Please reply by conversation.