Problem Finding Birds

Status
Please reply by conversation.

RFtech

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 25, 2005
I am trying to tune in on the arc, I have a 31" dish with QPH031 LNB, SG2100 Motor and a Merc II. I am getting the DSS birds but limited linear birds. I do get the
White Springs bird. Everything is set up right I have a c band dish everything tunes ok on c band, I set that up so I do know how to find the arc but this ku dish is pissing me off just trying to find 10R. I do have a meter in line while tuning the DSS birds are strong but the linear signals are hard to find. I live in communist Philadelphia so I should be in a good area for signal strength.

Linear Ku is Picker than the "Round Birds"
You could pick a Slot that has both Linear and Circular like 91 west. Zero in on Nimiq1(Circular), then switch to Galaxy 11(Linear) and tweak.

You're probably just a bit off on either dish elevation or azimuth. If you can, take the FTA receiver and a small TV out to the dish site, and use the signal quality meter to peak your dish. Should only need VERY small adjustments, the aim is very sensitive.

I played with it last night and got 10R in, very happy now things are looking good thanks for the help............Comcast Sucks.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts