Tegna dispute IS OVER!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Have you seen the ratings for SNF, about a over 23 Million average ( almost 9 Million Households), which is incredible for Primetime in today’s world.
My point was more of the fact that most of your local teams games are on CBS & FOX in the market. There are some companies that when their locals get pulled its mainly CBS & FOX. Tegna has as many NBC as CBS & FOX combined. Do I watch SNF? sure. Do I get really enthralled with it regardless of who is playing? nope (unless its the Vikes)

The point I made was if your local is CBS or FOX you would probably have a bigger gripe because you cant see your local team versus it being a NBC affiliate. (and yes I know your local team isn't where you live so its a moot point)

My point was more of the fact that most of your local teams games are on CBS & FOX in the market. There are some companies that when their locals get pulled its mainly CBS & FOX. Tegna has as many NBC as CBS & FOX combined. Do I watch SNF? sure. Do I get really enthralled with it regardless of who is playing? nope (unless its the Vikes)

The point I made was if your local is CBS or FOX you would probably have a bigger gripe because you cant see your local team versus it being a NBC affiliate. (and yes I know your local team isn't where you live so its a moot point)
My point is money, those Prime Time Ad Slots pay a lot more then the ads for local games do.

They make so much more for the few minutes of ad slots they get during the Night game then the day games.

And this year, MNF is on ABC Stations, which also helps Tegna, does not help when only on ESPN.

That is a little different then the Tegna money grab.

You choose to do the above, there are options available to save on what you posted, but you are the one who made the decision to stick with DirecTV and pay that RSN fee.

And I am not talking about streaming, you could always go to Dish and avoid that fee, there are many ways of getting MLB.
Then again, were involving many different formats .... most people would like everything on 1 format if possible.

You may be different.

If you're talking about RSNs, it's $15.99/mo for 3 channels (Bally Sports Ohio [Cavaliers, Blue Jackets], Great Lakes [Guardians], Detroit [Tigers, Red Wings, Pistons])

I'm not sure if you're talking about a different provider, but for DirecTV, the Fox Sports & Entertainment contract was renewed just about a year ago (with potential of them getting dropped before that), while Fox News Media's contract was renewed back in March of last year (that's what gave us FOX Nation as an SVOD service on satellite and FOX Weather on stream)
He was actually wanting the breakdown of what the Locals cost us.

Reactions: DirecTVFanSince2016
Have you seen the ratings for SNF, about a over 23 Million average ( almost 9 Million Households), which is incredible for Primetime in today’s world.

In comparison , the World Series average was only 4 Million Households for each game, so a regular season NFL Game gets a tad over double what the biggest games that the MLB have.
Thats not really a fair comparison ....

The Baseball WS is in the Heart for College and PRO Football seasons.

WS or not, its gonna suffer.

If all you care about is NFL, you don't need the most expensive tiers for Paramount+ or Peacock. Their lower tiers provide game only streams of the NFL games carried by your local CBS and NBC affiliates. Peacock with the DIRECTV discount is $3.99 and Paramount+'s "essential" tier is $5.99, which the $10 TV Promise credit that you can reapply for every month covers.

For ABC nearly all of their sports, including their exclusive NFL games on 12/11 and 12/25 are available to stream with ESPN3, even if your ABC affiliate is in a dispute.

Thats not really a fair comparison ....

The Baseball WS is in the Heart for College and PRO Football seasons.

WS or not, its gonna suffer.
Except it always has been in recent history, even when it was getting much better ratings.

It has shrunk while Football has grown.

Just 7 years ago, when Cable/Satellite had 100 Million subscribers, the World Series had a 23 Million viewers average, Game 7 had 40 Million watching, games were played roughly the same type of days, including a Saturday and Sunday

The WS Sunday Night Game on 10/30/2016 had over 21 Million, SNF had 17 Million.

Maybe in today’s world, is because Fox does not have an online service like NBC does with Peacock, but I have no idea and can only guess.

which the $10 TV Promise credit that you can reapply for every month covers.
For whatever reason, I cannot reapply for the credit every month. If I try on the TV Promise page, I get asked if I’m a D* or U-verse customer, I selected D*, logged in to my account, and get either a blank screen or an error message. I just tried earlier and got an old AT&T “We’ll be back soon” message.

Then again, were involving many different formats .... most people would like everything on 1 format if possible.

You may be different.
More people have more then one format then those with only one.

You make like not like it, but you have more then one, since I know you have, at least, Paramount+.

But Cable/Satellite only has about 56.5 Million subscribers ( out of 131 Million Households), that means 74.5 Million are streaming ( multiple formats)or for a low percentage, just OTA.

For whatever reason, I cannot reapply for the credit every month. If I try on the TV Promise page, I get asked if I’m a D* or U-verse customer, I selected D*, logged in to my account, and get either a blank screen or an error message. I just tried earlier and got an old AT&T “We’ll be back soon” message.
Try deleting your browser cookies for directv.com and att.com and then click the DIRECTV link at https://www.att.com/tvpromise

Also make sure you don't have strict privacy settings enabled as on some browsers the highest privacy settings block the cookies, referer/origin headers and the churnoffer/tvpromise flag that triggers the credit offer popup from being passed along after you get redirected from the login portal hosted by att.com to your account settings hosted by directv.com

For ABC nearly all of their sports, including their exclusive NFL games on 12/11 and 12/25 are available to stream with ESPN3, even if your ABC affiliate is in a dispute.
I'm hoping this works. I hooked up my antenna and my Fire TV recast so I can pause but the picture quality isn't the best. Too many games this weekend with conference championships. I'm missing NBC & ABC, so right now sports are really the only thing that will be missed.

Except it always has been in recent history, even when it was getting much better ratings.

It has shrunk while Football has grown.

Just 7 years ago, when Cable/Satellite had 100 Million subscribers, the World Series had a 23 Million viewers average, Game 7 had 40 Million watching, games were played roughly the same type of days, including a Saturday and Sunday

The WS Sunday Night Game on 10/30/2016 had over 21 Million, SNF had 17 Million.

Maybe in today’s world, is because Fox does not have an online service like NBC does with Peacock, but I have no idea and can only guess.

Fwiw, THIS years WS should count at all ... they may have had 21 PEOPLE watching it. :(

Two teams in Markets that are not considered all that large ... also no one on either coast.

More people have more then one format then those with only one.

You make like not like it, but you have more then one, since I know you have, at least, Paramount+.

But Cable/Satellite only has about 56.5 Million subscribers ( out of 131 Million Households), that means 74.5 Million are streaming ( multiple formats)or for a low percentage, just OTA.
I do have more than one format ....
Doesn't mean I LIKE IT.
That goes for EVERYONE else as well ...
It really sucks when trying to watch a Broadcast game and a Streaming game ...
The Back channel button doesn't cover that.

It really sucks when trying to watch a Broadcast game and a Streaming game ...
The Back channel button doesn't cover that.
Yep, on many streaming devices playback stops as soon as you switch inputs, so you have to manually resume playback if you turn away during a commercial break or halftime, and some apps and devices make it worse by returning to the home screen, so you have to navigate back to the app to resume the streaming game.

It's slightly better if you have a Gemini where they give the streaming NFL games from Prime Video and YouTube's Sunday Ticket dedicated spots in the guide that will directly open up the stream in their respective apps, but last I checked they don't have that integration for Paramount+ yet, and they don't integrate the games simulcasted by Peacock or ESPN3 that you would be able to watch on DIRECTV if it wasn't for the dispute.

On Demand channels for the networks affiliated with the stations in dispute have been removed. Like I don’t have 1007 ABC

I'm still missing a local channel from the Mission/Nexstar mess. It's been out for over a year now, and I don't expect it to ever come back.
Now I have another missing local because of Tegna. I give this a 50/50 chance of ever coming back.

I use the Directv Stream, sure would be nice to have an option to drop locals and not pay for them. Considering I'm only getting 2 out of 4, not going to hurt as much.

Mission and White Knight will eventually come back, the lawsuit is still working its way through the courts, and if anything the recent debacle involving Detroit's new-new CW affiliation and Mission's attempt to purchase WADL will likely end up providing additional evidence in DIRECTV's favor.

Streaming the ESPN games on ABC from the ESPN app/ESPN3 does work with our logins, so missing even less now. Just sucks about not being able to record and fast forward or pause if needed.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

WYOU is still available OTA via WBRE 28.3

They had to do a similar thing back in 2011 when WOLF's transmission line was damaged so 28.2 had WOLF and 22.2 had WQMY

Status
Please reply by conversation.