Tele-Culture showing I Love Lucy

Status
Please reply by conversation.

TimLones111

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2003
Canton, Ohio
Something a bit surprising..Tele-Culture TV on 97W at 1:30 ET, is showing I Love Lucy. Wonder if they might show other Classic TV down the road..

Oh oh!

I need to put up something to get that!

I love Lucy! Really! She has the coolest hair. ;)
Oh, and she's funny too!

Something else interesting:
They are showing another episode of I Love Lucy. What is interesting is the presentation:Before the opening theme, they are showing a stylized version of the I Love Lucy "Heart" logo with the episode title "Men Are Messy" and the original airdate: Dec.3, 1951. The previous episode was probably shown in broadcast order..This appears to be a mini-marathon..They must have just gotten the rights..

Dee Ann:
If you have a motor or a Dish at 97 West, you should be good to go..

I have neither. But I think I would like to try what some guy did using sticks stuck in the ground to hold lnbs in front of a dish to get extra satellites.

Looks pretty simple to do, I think I can manage it. :)

Something else interesting:
What is interesting is the presentation:Before the opening theme, they are showing a stylized version of the I Love Lucy "Heart" logo with the episode title "Men Are Messy" and the original airdate: Dec.3, 1951.

I own some of the I Love Lucy DVD sets, and those intros are taken straight from the DVDs!

Nice to see Lucy reruns back on TV anyways - Hallmark channel really butchered the airings.

Oh this is awesome! Now I have some incentive to go back out there and get another satellite added on.

What a great find! Thank you!! :D

Oh, Question.

I would like to, um, rig up a spare lnb on an existing dish to get this satellite.

Which one would be best to add to?
I have dishes pointed at:

I'm thinking that the 101 dish is close to pointing at 97 already and I could just tape another lnb on the side of it, could I not?
Oh and the 119 nasa dish is a little dish500 kind.

Or is this not something that I can do? I saw other people doing all sorts of wacky things like adding extra lnds to a dish to it would get several satellites.
It would be great if I could add it on without having to spend any money. Ya know?? :)

Thanks! :)

Last edited:
Dee, lots of people have 97 and 101 on the same dish. You can even get professionally-made brackets with 4-degree spacing, or if you want to spend more money, two LNBs built into one housing.

Dee, lots of people have 97 and 101 on the same dish. You can even get professionally-made brackets with 4-degree spacing, or if you want to spend more money, two LNBs built into one housing.

This is the dish that I have aimed at the 101 satellite.

Do they make those brackets to fit this one? Or replacement types?

Thanks! :)

Dee -

Look through all your goodies, for a Ku band LNB with a tall elliptical feedhorn.
That's what it takes to match to a wide elliptical dish.

Check out the pictures in this thread for some inspiration. - :up

Show us pictures of what you find, and I'm sure someone can help you choose the best one to use.

Maybe some of the episodes fell into the public domain, we have a local spanish LD that has a sub channel with all public domain content. They have some very old episodes of dragnet and some episodes of bonanza.

Used to be you had to file to renew copyrights, as I understand it if they failed to renew the copyright it went public domain even though the law has changed since then.

Oh, Question.

I would like to, um, rig up a spare lnb on an existing dish to get this satellite.

Which one would be best to add to?
I have dishes pointed at:

I'm thinking that the 101 dish is close to pointing at 97 already and I could just tape another lnb on the side of it, could I not?

101 since its only 4 degrees apart.

Heres some info on what I did:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/185869-two-lnbf-alignment-question.html

Tomorrow I will gather up what I can find and take a picture of it to post. There's a few boxes of junk I've uncovered, apparently satellite stuff.
It looks like he would get the things then take them apart and store the parts in boxes and the tool shed. I really don't know how many of these silly things are around here, it seems like I find more junk everytime I look around. Maybe they are breeding? Is there some rule about not giving them food and water after midnight? :rolleyes:

Well, I took a picture of the ones that are setup and working.
He left a cluster of misc. pipes and poles sticking up out back plus I put in a few myself (with help of course) since he moved out.

I added another little dish the other day for another satellite.
Now I get 72, 83, 101, 119, 125 and 129. I think.
That's just crazy, all that stuff just to get 13 channels.
Yes, a motor dish just has to happen sometime soon, this is such a crazy, ugly mess out there. And my neighbors really think I'm kooky now. One outright tells me to my face "You're stealing satellite!" The other day he made some comment, I don't know why he hates me so much but I had enough of his mouth and I had a true red headed moment and I flipped him the bird with both hands and told him to KMA. :eek:

Yes, I know that was pretty crude of me but I really am sick of the guy accusing me of doing something illegal which I most certainly am not. I wouldn't even have any idea how anyway. What a moron.

So I took this picture of them. Forgive the yard, I haven't been feeling well lately and have sort of let it get out of hand. I hope to clean it up this weekend.
Then again, I may see if I can trade out with one of my nice neighbors, buy him a 12pack of beer if he cleans my yard up for me. (Beer available *after* the work is completed. :rolleyes: )

My little protector had to be a ham and photobomb me. She's a real attention wh*re, has to be involved in everything I do.

I think that I'll end up trying to put another satellite on the 101 dish so I can get 97. I want Lucy. :) And while I'm not into "action" movies, Sean Connery is pretty much teh hawtness so I don't mind watching his movies sometimes. ;)

Oh, and the covers. LOL! On the 83 dish is a yogurt container, on the 125 and 129 dishes are shampoo bottles. :cool:

The white direcway dish it the 101 dish, that's the one I think would work for adding 97 to it. I think I'll try the sticks and duck tape method seen in another thread for a bit until I can figure out how to attach the extra part properly.

Oh, and one last question. If I'm standing in front of the 101 dish, looking into it, which side of the thing would I put the 97? The right side? Or left?
single ( o ) , dual with add-on on the right ( o* ) , or dual with add-on on the left ( *o ) ??? :confused:

Attachments

• IMG_2619.JPG
    IMG_2619.JPG
    858 KB · Views: 227
Nice Dee, to really get that nut neighbor you should look around for a 50's vintage Airstream camper trailer and park THAT out besides the house!

Nice Dee, to really get that nut neighbor you should look around for a 50's vintage Airstream camper trailer and park THAT out besides the house!

Another little something the X left behind. He put it there to use as a garden tool shed, it's in too bad of shape to repair and use but more than good enough for storing lawn tools. I think it's ugly as sin and want it out of here but I have no clue how to get it out of there. Mr. Dum Dum put up a fence AFTER he put the stupid thing back there. It does provide for a slight bit of privacy, the woman that used to live next door was very, very nosy and she was always watching us out back on the deck, we couldn't any private time outside. So I wasn't extremely opposed to the idea, at first.

I would much rather a privacy fence but it would run me like $4,000 or more and I just don't have that much to spend, on anything. Oh well.

At least the nasty neighbor that's cat-a-corner to me that always griefs me gets to enjoy the view from his patio. :D

Attachments

• IMG_2648.JPG
    IMG_2648.JPG
    339.9 KB · Views: 176
Last edited:
I really don't know how many of these silly things are around here, it seems like I find more junk everytime I look around. Maybe they are breeding? Is there some rule about not giving them food and water after midnight? :rolleyes:

Oh, and one last question. If I'm standing in front of the 101 dish, looking into it, which side of the thing would I put the 97? The right side? Or left?
single ( o ) , dual with add-on on the right ( o* ) , or dual with add-on on the left ( *o ) ??? :confused:

If your dishes are breeding, please send some of the offspring my way, as I would like to begin breeding them as well ;) ...

Looking at the dish from the front, the 97 LNB will go to the left of the 101 LNB... It is the opposite of the way they are in the sky, since the signal is bounced from the dish surface.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts