Status
Please reply by conversation.

ftamart

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Sep 7, 2006
Manitoba, Canada
Hi there,
I would like to get Tele Restauración on SatMex 6. Acording to the Lyngsat guide it is TP 12125 H. I entered the TP on my Coolsat 5000 but when I try to scan it, my receiver just goes over it quickly but never gets the channel. I guess I could add it manually, but I don't have the symbol rate. I also noticed that the following list has the channel on TP H-12028. http://www.global-cm.net/MPEGlistKuBandUS.html

Which is the correct TP and does someone have the symbol rate?
If I am doing it totally wrong, can you please tell me what to do?

Thanks for your help.

Ftamart

I don't think it's on the air all the time.
I scanned it in a couple times , but the Lyngsat list depends on people like yourself to report new channels , but sometimes when it's gone no one reports it so the info provided maybe incorrect now.

Basically what I'm saying is that it is no longer there.

of course it could show up without notice , haven't seen it for a long time.

Where are you located?
Since you have a Blind scan receiver, have you tried BS the satellite?

That transponder is really hard to get depending on location. Here in Minnesota I can get the other TP with the Chinese stuff at 76 on the CS5000 but that TP I manually entered (used the global-cm list) and moved the motor until I got it to work. The signal fluxuates GREATLY and most of the time I cannot get it. Once in a while it comes in at 65 on the meter

I don't think it's there any more? I did a scan and got nothing. But, here are the #'s from a previous scan on my Coolsat 5000:
12123 H 2000
51/52/53
It's not working for me. Good Luck!

Al

Thanks for your help guys. Too bad that the channel isn't up.

Thanks again for your willingness to answer my questions.

Ftamart

Hey FTAmart, you added your location and you list yourself in Manitoba, Canada, that is pretty far north to get the signal when you look at the lyngsat footprint map for that sat.http://www.lyngsat-maps.com/sm6.html

I thought the same thing, but 12024 H on SatMex 5 has a similar footprint and I could get that one fine, so I figured I would give SatMex 6 a try. http://www.lyngsat-maps.com/maps/sm5_ku2.html

I also tried 12028 H on SatMex 5, but that one I couldn't get, maybe the signal is not strong enough or it's not on the satellite anymore. Again, 12024 H SM5 worked but 12028 H didn't.

Thanks again,

Ftamart

I have problems with this sat too from E. Ontario. What size dish are you using? It is just outside my usable USALS range, have to go over to 1.2 and tweak.

Blind scan gets a bunch of what appear to be radio channels coming in very strongly but which have no audio, but no TV at all.

I also tried 12028 H on SatMex 5, but that one I couldn't get, maybe the signal is not strong enough or it's not on the satellite anymore.

SM5 is tough to get in the Northern US states. I can barely get anything on there. When the Chinese mux was there (its on SM6 now) that was the max at 68. BYU TV fluxes in at 64 max

Hi Ftamart,

That transponder is very weak here in Northern California. The Tele Restauracion channel is viewable but is barely above the pixelation threshold of my receiver. Here are the signal strengths I'm seeing on 12125 and other transponders on SatMex 6:

12080 H, Strength: 61 (Chinese Mux)
12090 V, Strength: 53 (Mac TV)
12125 H, Strength: 30 (Restauracion)

My equipment: 90cm dish and CW-600S receiver

SM5 is tough to get in the Northern US states. I can barely get anything on there. When the Chinese mux was there (its on SM6 now) that was the max at 68. BYU TV fluxes in at 64 max

Iceberg, is it the same case for SM5 C band tp's as well? I had been thinking about a fixed big dish, but if it doesn't help me, I don't want to waste my time.

Thanks to all of you for your responses.

Ftamart

Iceberg, is it the same case for SM5 C band tp's as well? I had been thinking about a fixed big dish, but if it doesn't help me, I don't want to waste my time.

Thanks to all of you for your responses.

Ftamart

I honestly don't know. I can't see SM5 C-Band from my location (roof of house blocks the reception)

According to Mike Kohl's site http://www.global-cm.net/MPEGlistCBandUS.html
it doesn't say anything about weak signal on that satellite for C-Band and he is in Wisconsin

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)