Tell Directv to add FOX SOCCER CHANNEL HD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Dish network launched FSC HD today. So much for DirecTV being the leader with that. No communication at all about it from them either. It would be nice to know what is going on.

DirecTV 12 is in final testing. FSC HD and FSC Plus HD will be available very soon.

DirecTV 12 is in final testing.

I don't know where you're getting your information from, but D12 just made it to 76 degrees where they hope testing will be complete by mid-March. Then that's followed by a 3 week drift to 103, then some more testing and then it will go "live" within a few weeks after that probably.

So we still have at least another month and a half of positioning and testing, so NO it's not in final testing. Stop making up stuff.

FSC HD and FSC Plus HD will be available very soon.

DirecTV doesn't even have agreements to carry these channels yet so no, they won't be available very soon.

They might get the carriage agreement soon, but that doesn't mean they'll be launching very soon. If D12 is factor in this then we'll be waiting at least another month, possibly more.

well over at DBStalk.com SatRacer who is very reliable source said a Festivus is around the corner much sooner than expected so crossing fingers here.

Inaccurate.

You say stuff like D12 is in final testing, we'll be getting certain channels very soon, and you say someone elses info. is inaccurate but you never have any sources to back up what you say. For all we know you're just making stuff up as you go along.

You say stuff like D12 is in final testing, we'll be getting certain channels very soon, and you say someone elses info. is inaccurate but you never have any sources to back up what you say. For all we know you're just making stuff up as you go along.
There are people on other forums (such as SatRacer on DBStalk) who work for D* and are generally correct (not everytime but high majority) that backup what he said.

Inaccurate.

What's innacurate? The fact that D12 has just entered the 76 degree slot and still has to go through testing and then it will move to the 103 slot?

The fact that DirecTV has repeatedly stated that they do not have carriage agreements yet?

Care to share or will you just repeat false information?

There are people on other forums (such as SatRacer on DBStalk) who work for D* and are generally correct (not everytime but high majority) that backup what he said.

SatRacer simply said that we'll get mini festivuses sooner than expected, not right around the corner. It's still expected to go live very late March/Early April. He never said what channels we'll get.

I love Football (soccer) and I am an American and I love the NFL and NBA and golf and baseball and YES, Fox Soccer Channel absolutely needs to be in HD and the fact that it isn't is why I canceled the sports pkg.

I believe that since Murdock owns everything FOX that DirecTV should have FSC HD in the near future...I'd like to have it no later than when the glorious World Cup HD coverage is done!

I'll give Directv a bit of time and ride out the rest of this season under the current status quo. However, come August when the next season of the English league starts I will be with whatever provider is offering FSC in HD and FSC+ in HD.

DirecTV is certainly aware that FSC is a growing market in the US.

FSC’s coverage of Manchester United’s win over Arsenal averaged 370,000 viewers, improving on the 369,000 viewers who tuned in the U.S.-Mexico CONCACAF Gold Cup final on July 26, 2009.

The match also tied for second among network telecasts relative to households since FSC became Nielsen-rated in October, 2008, with a 0.7 average, and third with men 18 to 49 (0.9) and men 25 to 54 (0.8)

Those figures bode well for a relatively new subscription channel.

DirecTV is also accutely aware of the irony of DISH Network now offering the channel in HD, while DirecTV, a major sponsor, has yet to offer FSC in HD.

That is about to change though. My information suggests early March. I don't want to name my source for that information, but I am confident that the information is accurate. Others believe that we won't see FSC HD until April.

Time will tell. :)

I gotta have it!!! As with most everything else, once you see it in HD you feel compromised watching it in standard def and I can promise you that once the Disney outlets (ABC/ESPNs) finish showing every World Cup match in HD, that there will be no going back! I hope DirecTV gets their act together with the new sat. because with Dish putting the squeeze on them they can't afford to be cute.

In all fairness to DirecTV, there isn't much they could have done about this situation. They couldn't launch D12 until the end of December. FSC then launched its HD service at the end of January. It had been hoped in some circles that this wouldn't happen until the end of March.

DISH was quick to seize the opportunity to be the first satellite provider to offer FSC HD in the hope of attracting business from DirecTV and some cable providers.

Now it's a wait and see game. DirecTV is getting a lot of e-mails and phone calls regarding the issue, and I think we'll see a positive outcome soon.

I'll give Directv a bit of time and ride out the rest of this season under the current status quo. However, come August when the next season of the English league starts I will be with whatever provider is offering FSC in HD and FSC+ in HD.

Ironically, I switched from Dish to Direct TV because Dish killed off GOL TV.

I'm in the same boat as you. I'll ride it out until the new season starts and switch to whoever has the most coverage in HD UNLESS D* ends up not carrying FSC+ at all starting March 1st (when Setanta goes dark). Then I will switch off D* and go to whoever has it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)