Temp. for HR-24.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cappy29

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 12, 2005
Aliquippa,p.a
My HR-24 temp is showing 140 degrees, is this normal? Or is that on the high side? I am not sure, but the fan(s) may have quit on it. The fan(s) have been making a lot of noise over the past few weeks.:eek:

That's high. Mine is running at 111 right now.

That's high. Mine is running at 111 right now.

Yeah, that is what I thought, sounds like the fan(s) might have kicked out. Looks like it's time to call Directv, I just wish there was a way to transfer or save all the recordings to my genie since the HR-24 might have to be replaced.

That's why I don't recommend using a dvr to archive recordings. I try not to have more than 10 or 20 hours of recordings. That way if I have to lose them it's not so bad. Some people have 2 and 3 tb hard drives with hundreds of hours of recordings. If the dvr goes south, so do the recordings.

If you reboot and the box is over the temperature limit it will not boot until it cools down.

At that point, Directv should replace the box.

127* is typically the limit, anything above that I would be concerned.
127*was the highest the old HR 20 would get, without causing problems.

Fwiw, my 4 HR24s usually run between 107* & 117*.

140 wow.
Mine is at 106f

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361849814371.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361849814371.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 119
Like was mentioned previously, IF its way too hot, the unit will tell you to wait till it cools down and once the internal temp drops low enough it will start playing.

IF i recall, the internal temp needed to drop to like 135* then it would activate.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)