Temporary Housing Options

gschein

Original poster
Oct 25, 2005
All,

I'm currently a Dish Network subscriber (commitment expires 12/12/05) and have moved from Arizona to the Washington DC area. I'll be in temporary housing (apartment) for up to six months or less depending on when my house sells. I'm trying to find the best option for TV while in temp housing. I jsut bought a new 61" LCD Rear Projection HDTV and want to be able to view HD programming while in temp housing. We did not have a HD Receiver or service with Dish in Arizona. I see my options as follows:

Comcast Cable - $97.99 for all channels + one premium set of channels

Dish Netowrk - Upgrade to HD Receiver and use Dish Mover program to get new Dish in temp housing.

Direct TV - Sign up as new subscriber and take advantage of new promotion (and get upgraded to new MPEG-4 box when available)

Would it be better to use cable until we buy a new house? Would there be too much extra charges to move a new Dish or Direct Satellite dish to a new house so soon after installing in temp housing?

Any help is appreciated...

i would do cable until the mpeg 4 boxes are available in your area. ask comcast about their dish to cable deal. cable companies usually give a sweet deal for the first year.

Don't forget- lots of OTA, including HD OTA here near DC.

Remember, E* has higher HD PQ than D*- others have posted measurements demonstrating this. D* currently is providing "HD-Lite."

I appreciate all the help. I went with Comcast and their HD-DVR. We will be in temp housing for 6 months (out by next April). hopefully by that time, Dish will have MPEG-4 in the DC area and things will have a happy ending.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts