temporary loss of signal

Status
Please reply by conversation.

markzinn

Original poster
Jan 8, 2006
Signal drops out sporadically from 5 to 20 seconds. May happen 5 times an hour or may not happen all day. Have 90+ signal strengh, no dish obstructions, no rain, connections clean and dry, new LNB, reset receiver, dish aligned.. no help. I can see signal ramping back up, on the signal strength meter, as it comes back on. My receiver is an early RCA... maybe 12-13 years old. I hate to replace it if it's not the cause of the problem. Any help much appreciated!

which transponder am I on?

How can I tell which transponder(s) my receiver uses? can I change them? I understand the transponder feature on the signal meter screen only shows signal strength on various transponders.. not the ability to change the ones you are using.
I am in SW Ohio, zip 45612. I have an old RCA receiver and the signal drops out frequently for a few seconds. I can see it ramping back up, if I'm fast enough. Would changing transponders help? I have 90+ signal strength consistently, good connections, new LNB, good alignment.

Sorry to say but it sounds like the reciever is going to be shot.

The way the transponders work is that certain channels are designated to a certain transponder. When you change a channel it will change transponders depending on which one that channel is on. When you change the transponders in the menu you are checking the signal for each transponder. Some will have 0 and this is normal. Some may show 100 and some may show 60. You will always want to check a even and odd transponder "usually 1 and 2" to see if they both have good signal.

When you say the signal drops out does this happen when watching TV or when you are in the signal meter screen?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)