Temporary Travel System Setup Mounting Recommendations.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
The tripod is not really that large. It splits in two. The black pipe splits right above the yellow legs, making it only about 3 feet long when disassembled.

Ok then, that is very workable! 3 feet was the size of the tripods I have been looking at!

Thanks!

Yours is still very cool! :up

K E V I N
ftabman0_avitar-cordoba.gif

@ Elchucko

Your tripod is quite impressive. Any chance you could take a couple of detailed pics with measurements? Forgive my newbie enthusiasm :)

Kevin,

I use 3' tripods without any issues. Also used a wooden platform (which I carpeted later for better look). The bucket with sand or water idea is good.

Here are some pictures:

Attachments

• Tripod_dish.JPG
    Tripod_dish.JPG
    202 KB · Views: 110
  • satell8.jpg
    satell8.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 105
  • Tripod_3.jpg
    Tripod_3.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 116
  • Winegard-Travel-WGD18Daul-DirecTV-Dish%20(6).JPG
    Winegard-Travel-WGD18Daul-DirecTV-Dish%20(6).JPG
    85.9 KB · Views: 127
  • Satellite-Show%20(17).JPG
    Satellite-Show%20(17).JPG
    92.9 KB · Views: 117
  • Satellite-Show%20(75).JPG
    Satellite-Show%20(75).JPG
    112.1 KB · Views: 135
Thanks. Nice to know that they are still available, and no need to reinvent the wheel. My 'Found sitting beside a dumpster FortecStar 39" will look sweet on one of those'.

I need to get pictures up, but I used a 20" patio Block and Tapcon screws to make a very sturdy base. Problem is that it is not very portable, because you can not adjust easily for level, but will do fine for me while I try temporary spots in my yard.

Thanks for the inspiration Satellite Guys. hopefully I can sight it in and lock in on G18 soon. :cool:

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts