Temps rising on 622 after SW update.

VegasVoomer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 3, 2004
Las Vegas
Since I got L630 a couple weeks ago the average temp on the 622 in my office has jumped from 111º to 120º even though it's getting cooler in the room due to outside temps being lower. It hasn't had any problems - yet. The 622 in my living room has the same thing happening. I'm losing video on one tuner occasionally and yesterday it rebooted itself for what appeared to be no reason. When it came back on I checked the temp and it too was at 119º when it used to stay at 109º. This really bothers me.:confused:

There's another posting thread on here from many others (including myself) that have experienced random reboots since L630. One person even says he can replicate the reboots, and cause them by following a certain bunch of steps. So, that and a few other issues were caused by the new firmware. I haven't checked my temps lately, so I can't confirm that's also an issue. Here it is: http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-technical-discussions/229377-l630.html

There's a couple other threads, but search doesn't work right for me since the forum software upgrade, so I can't find them right now.

Last edited:
I know. I posted in that thread about another bug when selecting one of several episodes in a folder and after hitting done it sends you back outside the folder instead of back to the list inside the folder. I can live with that but I hate seeing high temps. I had one of those fans and after running 24/7 it started squeeking after 4 months and then failed. I'm thinking of taking the cover off of the receiver and seeing if that helps.

I know. I posted in that thread about another bug when selecting one of several episodes in a folder and after hitting done it sends you back outside the folder instead of back to the list inside the folder. I can live with that but I hate seeing high temps. I had one of those fans and after running 24/7 it started squeeking after 4 months and then failed. I'm thinking of taking the cover off of the receiver and seeing if that helps.

My numbers on my 622 in Counters: HDD High Temp: 125F
HDD Low Temp: 78F
HDD Average Temp: 105F

Are you looking at your 622 Average Temp? What is that number?.:confused:

HDD High Temp: 134º F :eek:
HDD Low Temp: 113º F :)
HDD Average Temp: 120º F :(

OK Is it in a entertainment center?.If so you should move it or get another fan.;)

Or the fan may have quit?.The air is pulled into the 622(when your looking at the front of it) from the right side and exhausted out the left side,when I put my hand close to the right side I can feel air being pulled in.The same with the left side(can feel warm air being exhausted,so if the air flow is being restricted on either side you will have issues) Good Luck!:)

P.S. If you don't have Dish's Protection Plan you should get it if you don't feel any warm air coming out the left side and your 622 is owned so Dish can replace an owned DVR with another owned DVR then if you want you can cancel later.
If it's leased you can call Dish Network to replace it.Dish Network's CSRs should give you the options when you call,again,Good Luck!:)

Usually the left rear area is so hot I can hardly touch it. I just check and it's relatively cool now. No fan sound at all. I think I'm gonna take the top off and see what's going on inside. I own this one and the one in the family room is leased. They are not in a cabinet. 3" open space above and a foot or more on each side. I also have it sitting up on some "legs" to give an extra inch or so under it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)