Texas Ranger games and Locals in Tyler, Tx DMA

Status
Please reply by conversation.

naccoachbob

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 3, 2007
Nacogdoches, Tx
Anyone who follows the Rangers from Tyler's DMA?
If so, when the games are not on FoxSouthwest, but are broadcast from KDFI in Dallas, are some of them in HD? KDFI broadcast some of them in 2008 in HD.
I currently have E* and am in the Dallas DMA, but they don't have KDFI in HD, and I'm missing out. Over 1/2 of the games this year on FSN SW will be in HD, which will carry 133 games, KDFI - 24.
I'm assuming both the Rangers and Astros can be seen from Tyler. Is that correct?
How do you like the HD broadcast picture quality of games from FSN? How do you like the Tyler Locals picture quality in HD?
I'm considering switch to D so I can get the Tyler locals in HD as well.
Satisfied with D's equipment?
Lotsa questions, but appreciate anyone's help with this.
TIA

Anyone who follows the Rangers from Tyler's DMA?
If so, when the games are not on FoxSouthwest, but are broadcast from KDFI in Dallas, are some of them in HD? KDFI broadcast some of them in 2008 in HD.
I currently have E* and am in the Dallas DMA, but they don't have KDFI in HD, and I'm missing out. Over 1/2 of the games this year on FSN SW will be in HD, which will carry 133 games, KDFI - 24.
I'm assuming both the Rangers and Astros can be seen from Tyler. Is that correct?
How do you like the HD broadcast picture quality of games from FSN? How do you like the Tyler Locals picture quality in HD?
I'm considering switch to D so I can get the Tyler locals in HD as well.
Satisfied with D's equipment?
Lotsa questions, but appreciate anyone's help with this.
TIA

Texas Rangers Television Broadcasts | texasrangers.com: Schedule

Looks like the majority of the FSN will be in HD.
There is info on KDFI as well in this link as well as Sat info, look for the aternative channels as well, hope this helps.

i have noticed the picture looks better on non fox sportsnet channels.the picture seems to be better on YES,NESN,STO,SNY,and the comcast sportsnet.they all broadcast in 1080i vs 720p for fox. i dont know if its the reason or not but to me fox sportsnets have a grainier picture then the non fox rsn's. the sound seems better quality on the non fox rsn's as well. in my opinion the best quality picture was on cleveland indians station STO and the best sound quality was on yankees channel YES. Also for some reason fsn cincy does 1080i,this is the only fox channel i have seen not broadcasting in 720p.fox rsn's use 2 channel dolby digital while the others use 5.1 channel but the saturday fox regional broadcast use 5.1 dolby.

Thanks for the input.
I guess I'm trying to ask whether I'll see more HD games in the Tyler DMA with D than I currently do in the Dallas DMA with E*.
Also asking for a comparison of FoxSoutwest HD between the two.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)