Thai TV on 97 w

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I just spoke with the customer service rep at Tvpool. You will be able to watch Tvpool free for 3 months to decide if you like the service. They will be offering a movie package and a standard package. You can watch the 3 free months on your existing IPTV box or any true FTA receiver but after the free trial you will need to get a new box from Tvpool. The box will be free of charge but you will pay an activation charge. The standard package will be $180 per year but if you get the premium package with lots more channels it will be $70 per month. Similar to a Directv or Dish subscription. IPTV is history.

Last edited:
*spits*
Sorry, that left a foul taste in my mouth.
No one should have to pay $70 a month for TV, unless it comes with a free HDTV every year. Do the math, that's $840 per year. You can get a cheap 46 inch new HDTV for like $500 now.

i have called that service number a few times for info esp. pricing and set up boxes. i still haven't heard the same story repeated. it is always different. they better get their act together. my thai thai wife called also and didn't get a straight story. the pricing does look like a no go situation.

Did they say when the 3 month trial starts? No way going to subscribe to that stuff again. Already paying too much for Dish.

They did not say a specific date just that it will be soon. They were going to start at the first of this month but are having technical probs. I agree with you about the subscription but will give free trial look.

I have not moved my dish yet, but still getting the free channels and Army channel. Wife only wants to only hear the news anyway. A couple of friends moved their dish to new location and can get some Thai stuff, not like before, and do not like it because no Thai stories/dramas like before when had the payed subscription. So we wait what this new company does and hope to find out here when the 3 months are free. Called the number mentioned here and the website mentioned, and never can get through to ask questions.

i set up a dish for ses-1 at 101 friday to check out what they are doing. my wife agrees news and stories/dramas are what she is interested in. we also had the old paid subscription program and enjoyed it a lot. the new 16 free at this time stations are mostly shopping and music channels. you get nation, channel 3 and 5 but as you stated nothing more of interest. some of these can be received via the internet for free! hopefully, maybe they will put newer stations on that have more appeal and keep the price down. cannot afford dish and direct tv prices for thai/lao tv.

Satellite : SES-1 or AMC 4(KU band @ 101 West)
Transponder: 16k
Frequency: 12020
Polarization: Horizontal
Symbol Rate: 30000
FEC: 2/3

This is the setting but still nothing yet and Lyngsat doesn't show anything about them either. :sob:
The customer service number for TVPool is 1-800-921-2595

Last edited:
Wife's friend moved her dish last week, got the some crummy Thai stations and a couple of days later, they all disappeared and has nothing now. Now she has to hire the guy again to move it back to the original position to get the Laos and 1 Thai station.

new thai satellite

the new satellite has the thai/lao stations now, but they are still testing. they come on and off all day. i would not change back to the original satellite since they will stop using it some day. my wife agrees with you the quality of stations is not so hot!

Well, word of mouth will let us know as she has about 5 friends who have the system. Once the 3 month trial starts, I guess she will decide to chance the position of the dish or not. Or if the 1 Thai station we got now goes away, then have to make the change. Got to watch the news on the political situation going on and hopefully not like last year. We go visit in February.

they're working here in Minnesota.....found them last night on a scan at the parameters posted above

OK My bad. Even though I posted the correct settings I didn't put the correct freq. setting in the receiver. Now all is working here in Florida.:eek::eek:

There will be stations on both Galaxy19 (97W) and SES1 (101W).

The GEOSATpro 90cm with the Dual 4 Degree LNBF Clamp and GEOSATpro SL1 or SL2 Bullets, 4x1 DiSEqC Switch and Jumper Coax Cables will provide proven performance in receiving both satellites with one dish. SPECIAL PACKAGE SAVINGS - $$$

From what I can see most of these channels on TVPool are available on G19 or the internet for free. I can't see paying $70 per year unless they plan on adding something else. Wifey says no way. It seemed like it would be nice for wife to see live TV from Thailand but every channel we turned to had 5 minutes of commercials then 2 minutes of programming.

all the thai/lao stations on g19 are suppose to be turned off when they transfer to ses-1 someday. the problem with this company putting signals on the satellites have never really given a clear picture of what they are going to do. their web site says one thing and telephone calls tells you another story. i agree that there are too many commericals. it is still wait and see what happens.

I still have not moved my dish yet.

One Thai Channel called Nattv put a running text at the bottom of the screen saying that they've rent the signal for channel 1-4 instead of Thai TV. They said we'll soon be able to use the same box that we already have to watch news, drama, and variety on channel 1-4 without moving the dish to a new location.

I visited their website to get more information and noticed that they've named the 4 new channels as NAT Drama, NAT News, NAT Variety, and NAT Music.

I have left wifeys ADTH reciever (still programmed for Thai IPTV) set for G19 but set my fortec star lifetime ultra for SES-1 which works out great for both of us since I like to watch the History chanel and Bio which is also free on SES-1

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts