Thai TV problems

Status
Please reply by conversation.

johnstanko

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 18, 2004
thai tv on ses-1

heard that as of 1 august, some of the thai tv channels on ses-1 will be blocked.
you will only be able to watch them if you buy a receiver from the thai satellite company
and order a subscription. ie. like dish and direct tv run their conpanies.
anyone have any additional info? tnxs

Thai channels on 101W now scrambled?

First of all, a big thank you to everyone that posts helpful info for lurkers like to me. I'm fairly technical and have dabbled in electronics hobbies for years, but it wasn't exactly plug-and-play getting everything working (GEOSATpro DSR100c, AZBox Premium Plus, Fortec 90cm, DG280). I originally started with the GEOSAT, dish, and motor 2 years ago and in that time tried (unsuccessfully) twice to demo it in the backyard to no avail. I was embarrassed to call a professional installer but am glad I did. I'm now proud to have 3 Ku dishes (2 DTV, 1 FTA) on top of my house in a suburb of NYC. ;-) Although I still long for a weekend home in the country with 10 acres and 10 BUDs!!!

My question - yesterday the FTA Thai channels from TV Pool on SES-1 @ 101W were working fine. Today I tune in and the AZBox says they're scrambled?!?! Can anyone confirm? And if so does anyone have info is this is permanent or not?

This could be horrible timing, as I ordered the AZBox a few weeks ago specifically for these MPEG4 channels, and it took a week of playing around in my spare time getting used to its interface to get everything working as of 2 days ago!

Thanks for giving me this wonderful hobby

Whoops, didn't see this - I just asked the board in another thread this morning (in this forum - for some reason I can't paste the URL here?)

Bad timing as I just ordered and got a MPEG4 box up and running a few days ago!

The worst part is the feed is for someone else via one of my Slingbox's.

I'm still getting 39 unscrambled channels on the transponder. (For some reason, the last few weeks when scanning the satellite or the transponder on my AZBox, none of the channels appear in any of the scans, so I've had no updates to the transponder channel list for a while, so have 42 channels in total listed on that transponder).

It was announced that they were going to be scrambled August 1st. Late last night they were scrambled. Today they're in the clear again, but some of them still have slates saying something (I don't read Thai) about August 1st.

2 days ago, I lost all reception for Thai TV. I had it on AMC 2/101 and Galaxy 19/97. Has something changed again? A can get other stations on other Satelites so I don't think it's my equipment, OpenBox S9. Can anyone help? Thanks

Comes up scrambled [$] here.Think I remember reading, a while ago, that they announced that they were going to scramble all the channels.

you should have about 11 thi ch free the rest are going to cost you some coin as you have to use the box given by the provider tvpoolus.com they have local outlets but getting it direct you can works some deals on the programing if you know how to play the game.

About 11 went unscrambled the day after they all went scrambled at the beginning of August, but tonight the only one that scans in as unscrambled for me is Comedy Channel, and there's nothing on it.

I'm not sure if I remember any Thai channels on 97. If by chance the original poster was referring to the Lao ones there, they never worked on my Openbox. (But they weren't scrambled, they worked for other people.)

(google translation)
TVPOOL US lock signal for the member
from August 1 onwards.
who does not use set-top box will not be able to watch different channels TVPOOL. TV from the pool.
buy a box, or register. Or for more information at 1800-921-2595. toll free 24 hours a day.
tvpoolus.com then click on 1August2011 banner located upper right corner of page.

So from what I read from the website, they are now charging $150 a year for "membership" (subscription)? If so, no more FTA Thai channels for me :(.

can some one who has a subscription to this thai tv pool service tell me how many stations they
can actually view. i have heard various numbers from 30 to 45. i need the actual number of viewable ones.
plus can you tell me quality of signal and amount of news and movie channels available.
my thai wife is interested, but after the iptv scandal i do not want to get hooked for another 1-2 year mess.
appreciate your help.

I am unable to discern, on their website, the number of channels or what exactly they are but maybe your wife could,(?) The Google English translation leaves a lot to be "guessed", but if your wife speaks the language maybe contacting them directly(?)
Buy a box, satellite receiver for $ 100 and receive the right to free 8-day life and watch over 100 channels for 3 months.
If you buy a box, satellite receiver and register immediately for only $ 250.
entitled to a free 6. months to 18 months away.
(These prices do not include shipping.)
buy a box, a dealer. For more information or visit.
TVPOOL US Call Center. 1800-921-2595. toll free 24 hours a day.
quoted from: hxxp://www.tvpoolus.com/prform6.aspx xx=tt

if you think the web site is confusing, having my wife calling them is just as bad. depending on person you
get info varies with price, free or paid shipping, 30 to up to 45 channels and how many and what free channels.
that is why i was requesting if someone actually has a subscription can tell me the actual details.
tnxs for your reply.

Yes, their site is confusing and talking to their Eglish rep helped some. She said $150 for their box and w/3 free months of service for 45 channels and then $150 for a 1 year subscription. I have ordered their box from the Rep (she said their website didn't work (?)), should be here Friday, I'll post an update then.

tnxs for the info. i and others will be waiting for your report of the thai channels and their receiver.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts