Thanks Charlie

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Again, that's BS. You are just living in your DISH covered dome. There's a whole wide world out there where these things don't happen, or if there are disputes, they are NEVER noticed by or affect the providers customers.

Please provide proof that other major providers have completely dropped channels because they do not want to pay. I'll be waiting.......

The proof is right here in the many posts about every provider if you care to look. There isn't one single cable/sat provider that hasn't dropped a channel altogether, or dropped them temporarily at some point or other. I wouldn't argue that it happens with Dish more often than others, but it does happen.

Again, that's BS. You are just living in your DISH covered dome. There's a whole wide world out there where these things don't happen, or if there are disputes, they are NEVER noticed by or affect the providers customers.

Please provide proof that other major providers have completely dropped channels because they do not want to pay. I'll be waiting.......

OK, here. Sorry to keep you waiting.:rolleyes:
http://www.courier-journal.com/article/20120601/NEWS01/306010081?source=nletter-top5&nclick_check=1

LMFAO, this doesn't sound anything like charlie, does it??

"Time Warner has shown it can be patient once it gets into a dispute over what it pays to broadcasters.Recently, the NBC affiliate in Corpus Christi, Texas, was blacked out from the cable lineup for more than five months — including during the Super Bowl — until the station’s owner and Time Warner reached a deal last month, according to a May 24 report in the Corpus Christi Caller.
The lengthy dispute in Corpus Christi shows Time Warner is “willing to play hardball” to hold the line on fee increases to local stations — even if it means losing subscribers to satellite providers or AT&T"

Let me say, I'd be irate if my bill went up to accommodate the addition of SNY or YES. I could give a flying, you know what, about NY sports. As a fan of KC teams, I would(and can) find other ways to watch my teams play.

This is just a load of crap as well!!! And utterly ridiculous.

What customer is prepared for their provider to dump channels without their knowledge???

Just because you are some satellite nerd that is on this forum doesn't make you the norm.

People expect to get what they pay for when they sign up. If they had Time Warner, or Comcast, or Charter, this never happened to them. Why would they expect anything different from Dish or Direct TV???

Any time I sign any contract of any type I consider all potential downsides. Not doing so is short sighted, and that's the most politically correct way I can put it. I may be in the minority as I actually read and considered the agreement before I first signed up, and I re-read all components of the agreement before upgrading to Hopper. Does that make me a nerd/pathetic geek? Maybe, but I knew what to expect.

Who the hell are you? Just some pathetic internet satellite geek? (Does that give you warm fuzzies? I bet it didn't when you called the OP that, either).

I'm nobody, but I have an opinion. Staying with the provider is not pathetic. Making a choice, then complaining because you got what you expected is(OP knew SNY wasn't there). Maybe the word reads as too personal, but it's the closest I could come up with to express what I thought. Maybe I would have toned it down a little after breakfast, maybe not.

OP had every right to make his post. I disagreed strongly with tone and content and responded accordingly.

Don't worry about it. I'm sure Yaz has spent the afternoon cleaning his sh*t off his shoes.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)