Thanks to DIRT Team & Sat. Guys DISH Launches "Int. World News Package" Today !

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
1. Not letting people add this International News pack without an International base package is just stupid, if the sub already has a dish capable of receiving 118, or if they are willing to pay for a dish upgrade.

2. The International News channels that are most wanted are BBC World News and CNN International. It's that simple. They are the steak and lobster of International News. And, Dish is offering the burgers and filet o fish from McD's in their place.

I will only disagree that Dish does carry EuroNews, more watched than BBC in Europe and where they are both available and a very good international news channel. I have it A La Carte and rarely miss a day of watching it.

When you can get most of these channels free online or on Roku or such, you would think that Dish would want to make these available to as many people as possible that actually want to PAY them for it.

More stupid decisions from Dish.

When you can get most of these channels free online or on Roku or such, you would think that Dish would want to make these available to as many people as possible that actually want to PAY them for it.

More stupid decisions from Dish.

Quite the opposite apparently. One of the reasons Dish is giving for not wanting to pay the cost for the new AMC contract is that much of the programming is too freely available on Hulu, Roku, etc..... Just as HBO early on voiced concern about what happens to a product where people pay, if they can wait a little and then get it for free. I'm betting that's a piece to the conflicts with the locals now wanting payment also.

Still wish dish would add a news package for $5 it should include a news mix channel like directvs and all the english news channels.

NHK world, AJE, BBC world, CNN international,

This should also have ONE channel that switches between all the local news as the time zones change (follow the sun) covering the best of local news for the USA. East coast to central , to Denver to LA.

This should also have ONE channel that switches between all the local news as the time zones change (follow the sun) covering the best of local news for the USA. East coast to central , to Denver to LA.

Or, you could simply sub to the (5) superstations & get 4 sets of local newcasts: Boston, NYC (2, actually), Denver, LA. (include Chicago as long as you have AT200+...)

I have TV5 Monde and World Pack and I am very happy with both. TV5 Monde is a French-language channel, but many of its documentaries, and nearly all its movies, have English-language subtitles. This is good quality stuff that is not shown on any other channel and is not available on Netflix, so I'm happy to pay $10 per month for it. In my location one dish, a 500+, gives me 118.7 plus my three Western Arc stations with no reception problems.

World Pack has some good channels too that really ought to be part of America's 250 so that the rest of you could enjoy them too. We already have international programming on domestic satellites (Dr Who, Torchwood, for example), and we had, and then lost, a lot of international programming on Sundance, so what would be the harm in making World Pack stations like Eurochannel (all English subtitles) and Ebru (British shows like Spooks and Hustle) available to everyone?

I have the World Pack (to keep Euronews) and indeed the channels get watched often.

Well Dish removed Euronews on me, a few weeks ago, I was offered a new World pack for $5.00 per month but I would have to subscribe to an international programming pack on top of that. Not interested I just wanted a news channel that was totally unbiased and independent of any political party or candidate. RT is definitely not one of those channels. I can get Canadian TV channels also but that too is also biased.

So if I was a new install getting the Hopper who normally be on the western Arch how would I get 118.7 to get the News Pack?
Would I have to have TWO dishes or do they just add a LBN to the standard western Arch Dish?
What about the Switch would it be different to support 118.8 on a Two Hopper system.
About to order once they get the OTA USB turner.

Last edited:
WA? Two dishes.

Let the installer worry about the switches. No concern for you or I.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts