question on moving a 722K

piranesi

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 25, 2009
New York
This is probably a pretty basic question but is also specific enough that I can't seem to find the answer browsing around.

Right now I have one 722K running two SD tvs in different parts of the house (basement, bedroom). Right now, the 722 is hooked up in the basement and the bedroom is the "remote" tv. Wife and I are going to upgrade the bedroom tv to HD.

I know that in order to get an HD feed, the 722 will have to be moved up to the bedroom so that the HDMI can be hooked into the box/tv. What I don't know is if anything else has to happen in order to run the wiring to the basement/bedroom differently now. There is obviously a coax running to the bedroom tv now and one running into the 722 downstairs. Can those just be used in the new setup or do they have to rewire everything?

I guess I'm asking is this is something that requires a tech visit, or something I can do by just plugging the wires that are already in place into different places:

1) the coax was running into the bedroom tv would instead go into the back of the 722 when it is moved
2) an hdmi from the 722 to the bedroom tv
3) the coax that was going into the 722 in the basement would now go directly into the tv down there instead and it would become the "remote" tv.

Or is that just ridiculous.

You would need to find the diplexer outside and switch the SAT and UHF lines . Then disconnect the line coming in from outside, from the bottom of the diplexer/triplexer connected to the back of the 722. Then move the 722 into the bedroom and run a check switch test. I believe that's all you should need to do for the install.

You also have to make sure that the line going to the bedroom is RG6, if you have RG59 you will burn it out with the high frequency satellite connection.

Thanks. Cable upstairs is RG6 and I can see which Diplexer you're talking about. Sweet. If this works I not only get HD in the bedroom, but I get to act like it's a really complicated operation and impress the wife.

I need to remember to break out a bunch of unnecessary tools and sprinkle them around, spritz some water on my shirt. Yeah. She'll be impressed!:D

Thanks. Cable upstairs is RG6 and I can see which Diplexer you're talking about. Sweet. If this works I not only get HD in the bedroom, but I get to act like it's a really complicated operation and impress the wife.

I need to remember to break out a bunch of unnecessary tools and sprinkle them around, spritz some water on my shirt. Yeah. She'll be impressed!:D
And don't forget to cuss a lot! ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)