The 2009 MLB All-Star Game

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
He was actually saying that Youkilis is the best bargain in the league. Not best, but money wise and what the production they're getting out of him in return has to be the best bargain in the league.

For instance. Youk is making a cool $6 million a year. Those other boys are making $15-$25 million a year.

But you don't think that IF they were free agents RIGHT NOW, he would not be asking just about the same money as those guys??!!

It is not those players fault they make more money than he does....Don't hate them cause they're beautiful....LOL!;)

I can not believer Maddon didn't let Time Wakefield pitch in what was his first and probably only All-star game. He couldn't have pitched instead of Burhle or Jackson? Very disappointed, seeing him pitch was the main reason I tuned in last night. He sure made sure all the Rays got in the game, though.

Instead of Jackson ? Took all of 4 pitches and you want to slam him ?

Wake was probably (and I'm not saying it was right) going top pitch if the game went into extra innings, you could put him in for the rest of the game !

Justin Verlander also did NO get in the game .... very disappointing, till I heard why this morning.

Instead of Jackson ? Took all of 4 pitches and you want to slam him ?

Wake was probably (and I'm not saying it was right) going top pitch if the game went into extra innings, you could put him in for the rest of the game !

Justin Verlander also did NO get in the game .... very disappointing, till I heard why this morning.

What did you here? I assumed it was he pitched Sunday. Just the same, I'd prefer he save his arm for the Tigers.

What did you here? I assumed it was he pitched Sunday. Just the same, I'd prefer he save his arm for the Tigers.

Same thing, seeing he pitched on Sunday, they didn't want to use him on Tuesday, later I heard that JV knew that was going to be the case all along, which is really cool because he went and still had a good time being there.
Many would have begged off for the time off knowing they would not be playing.

Jimbo

He and Beckett both pitched on Sunday, I have no problem with them not pitching. Not the same case for Wake.

In my opinion, Im think they kept Wake out incase it went into extra's, then they could put him in for 2-3 innings, doesn't make it right, seeing it's his first one, but, thats my thought, I did not hear that anywhere in the media though.

Wish I had known that JV was not going to be pitching ... he's getting quite a rest, not scheduled to pitch till Sunday from what I saw. Jackson will actually pitch again before JV does.

The Red Sox two All-Star pitchers- Beckett and Wakefield- aren't pitching again until next Tuesday and Wednesday............and neither one pitched in the ASG.

The Sox will go with Buchholz, Penny, Lester and Smoltz the first four games back.

The Red Sox two All-Star pitchers- Beckett and Wakefield- aren't pitching again until next Tuesday and Wednesday............and neither one pitched in the ASG.

The Sox will go with Buchholz, Penny, Lester and Smoltz the first four games back.

As it turns out, Verlander and Jackson won't pitch till Sat and Sunday.

They left Wakefield out for two reasons:

1. If the game went extra innings, they had a starter that would be capable of pitching several innings if needed.
  2. When the game is on the line and you have other pitchers and want to save some pitchers for the potential of extra innings, you do not bring in a knuckle baller whose control can be iffy at times.

They left Wakefield out for two reasons:

1. If the game went extra innings, they had a starter that would be capable of pitching several innings if needed.
  2. When the game is on the line and you have other pitchers and want to save some pitchers for the potential of extra innings, you do not bring in a knuckle baller whose control can be iffy at times.

BINGO....correct on both points! :up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)