The $3.00 dvr credit GONE now.

UPDATE** I called again and talked to JODY (6) and after waiting 15 minutes on the phone again , here is the scoop:

The old $3.00 dvr credit expired on August 14th. It was given to those who kept there phone or ethernet lines plugged in to their receivers and had the dvr advantage pack. There is no more Dvr credit with the new WITH dvr packs or as they now call them; Dvr/local channels bundle.

Now I protested again, about what I had read here on this web board from others and Jody said she could apply the $3.00 credit to anyone who protested and ASKED for it for 5 months; September bill through January of 2010. That is if you had the dvr advantage pack before , and kept your receivers plugged into the phone or ethernet line, and you had switched to the DVR / locals channels bundle. So I now have the credit through January of 2010 on both of my DISH accounts.

So there is the scoop for all who wanted to know .

UPDATE** I called again and talked to JODY (6) and after waiting 15 minutes on the phone again , here is the scoop:

The old $3.00 dvr credit expired on August 14th. It was given to those who kept there phone or ethernet lines plugged in to their receivers and had the dvr advantage pack. There is no more Dvr credit with the new WITH dvr packs or as they now call them; Dvr/local channels bundle.

Now I protested again, about what I had read here on this web board from others and Jody said she could apply the $3.00 credit to anyone who protested and ASKED for it for 5 months; September bill through January of 2010. That is if you had the dvr advantage pack before , and kept your receivers plugged into the phone or ethernet line, and you had switched to the DVR / locals channels bundle. So I now have the credit through January of 2010 on both of my DISH accounts.

So there is the scoop for all who wanted to know .

I guess we all better keep an eye on our billing statements. Then again, this is Dish, what else is new? Hopefully part of the simplified programming packages will be a simplified billing procedure with less crazy to understand partial charges and credits and the appropriate credits and charges on the same bill, etc.

It looks like the deal was not as good as what some of us thought, with some losing $3 DVR bundling fee, some paying more for premiums, others not getting their discount for annual programming automatically going to monthly instead which is like an automatic charge for another month of service.

Dish Network done this on purpose and it was very sneaky and clever of them. If I was not under contract I would switch to Directv as the annual programming discount was one of the reasons why I stayed plus them switching me off of something I already paid for in advance which was not right and dirty!

Looks like they did do this on purpose. Unless you call and demand the $3.00 dvr credit be put back on your account for 5 months , DISH just made a bunch of money on anyone who went for the Hd + plat pack. Because we all lost the bundled discounts for hd + top 250 + premiums and the $3.00 dvr credit as well.

But if DISH does what I suspect they are planning in February to simplify their programming , hd will become part of the basic price of all programming. IF you have the sd version , you get the hd version at no extra price or as it will be advertised: FREE HD! I fully expect them to push the plat pack into the AEP, like I said they should of done before . By next February we should have easy to understand packs and they will most likely drop the Classic names and maybe the metallic names as well. Probably back to TOP packs again but with higher channel counts. Now if they could just do a whole house dvr fee instead of PER RECEIVER , I would be happy.

Looks like they did do this on purpose. Unless you call and demand the $3.00 dvr credit be put back on your account for 5 months , DISH just made a bunch of money on anyone who went for the Hd + plat pack. Because we all lost the bundled discounts for hd + top 250 + premiums and the $3.00 dvr credit as well.

But if DISH does what I suspect they are planning in February to simplify their programming , hd will become part of the basic price of all programming. IF you have the sd version , you get the hd version at no extra price or as it will be advertised: FREE HD! I fully expect them to push the plat pack into the AEP, like I said they should of done before . By next February we should have easy to understand packs and they will most likely drop the Classic names and maybe the metallic names as well. Probably back to TOP packs again but with higher channel counts. Now if they could just do a whole house dvr fee instead of PER RECEIVER , I would be happy.

I doubt they'll move the Platinum HD channels to AEP. They might make them a separate add on package again if they decide to offer HD for free. But it would be a serious mistake to have a price increase in Feb and take channels away from all subs who have HD but are not AEP subs. Can you imagine that one: "Don't worry, we may be raising prices, but it will be worth it because we're adding.... ummm... I mean reducing the number of channels you get."?

Nah, they are not going to seperate Platinum HD again. They just added it into HD now. They might have done that now to see what kind of response that gets on adding HD customers before they include HD in the SD packages this February. Surely Dish would not add Platinum into HD then take it away in February. Even Dish is not that stupid are they?

Nah, they are not going to seperate Platinum HD again. They just added it into HD now. They might have done that now to see what kind of response that gets on adding HD customers before they include HD in the SD packages this February. Surely Dish would not add Platinum into HD then take it away in February. Even Dish is not that stupid are they?

uuuummmmmm.......Lets see all the dumb things they have done in the last few years.... I would say YES they are that dumb. Look at the hd+plat packs. IF you were lucky enough to know about it you got it for 10.00 . IF you had plat for 10.00 and hd pack for 10.00 before August 1st, you still pay $20.00. IF you didn't have plat pack before August 1st and you wanted to add it now, it doesn't exist anymore. ... Yes they are that dumb. But wait till February and will see.

I called today about the $3.00 dvr credit. I have 3 online chats where the credit would be on my next bill and of course it isnt. Today on the phone the girl said she would credit my account 6.00 for last months bill and this new one, and that it would be corrected on my next month bill from now on. We will see.
If in 1 week the $6.00 doesnt show up on my "activity since last statement', i will have to call again.:mad:

I called today about the $3.00 dvr credit. I have 3 online chats where the credit would be on my next bill and of course it isnt. Today on the phone the girl said she would credit my account 6.00 for last months bill and this new one, and that it would be corrected on my next month bill from now on. We will see.
If in 1 week the $6.00 doesnt show up on my "activity since last statement', i will have to call again.:mad:
It should show up tomorrow. Call again if not.

The $3 credit was not on my current bill. I did an online chat yesterday (Monday) and the $3 credit shows on my Activity Since Last Statement this morning.

Update,,, the 6.00 credit is now showing on my account plus a credit for .5 cents for state and county taxes

My first bill after I changed packages had the credit. My second one doesn't have the credit listed as a line item, yet the price is the same as previously! Dish really needs to pull their heads out of their asses and clean up their billing system.