The 6.2 software is coming for the DTV dvr's

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DTV-T2-Tech

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 8, 2004
The downloads will start this month, majority will happen in March & April of the year. you will have all the features of the R10 model dvr. To get download you have to have a phone plugged in, this will start the download process. ;)

Well for starters, folders, a faster guide & menu navigation and slightly different layout of the menu stucture.

So are you saying that the D* internal testing is complete and has passed? Or is testing still in progress and there's a chance it could be delayed again?

We received info on the upgrade this morning.

P.S. The upgrade only applys to series 2 dvr's, series 1 dvr's are out of luck.

DTV-T2-Tech said:
We received info on the upgrade this morning.

P.S. The upgrade only applys to series 2 dvr's, series 1 dvr's are out of luck.
Thanks for the quick response.

Just to clearify, I take it that the HR10-250 is exclude from this upgrade for the time being?

Yes unfortainly, but they are working on a sep. upgrade for the hd dvr's, they want to do the reg. dvr's first, to see how the upgrade goes. It is a lot less expensive replacing a sd-dvr if a download goes wrong.

DTV-T2-Tech said:
It is a lot less expensive replacing a sd-dvr if a download goes wrong.

Thank you Mr. Obvious. :D

Just kidding.

Thanks for the info. I know my daughter will love folders on her Tivo that I have on my R10.

DTV-T2-Tech said:
Yes unfortainly, but they are working on a sep. upgrade for the hd dvr's, they want to do the reg. dvr's first, to see how the upgrade goes. It is a lot less expensive replacing a sd-dvr if a download goes wrong.

But then again, there's a lot less HR10-250's out there. It would also give D* a chance to get back all those units have have the HMDI problem back if it came to that so they could be fixed.

Are all DIRECTV DVRs receiving this upgrade?

No. DIRECTV DVR models SONY SAT-T60, PHILIPS DSR6000R, HUGHES GXCEBOT and HR10-250 will not receive the 6.2 software upgrade.

Will this enable the USB ports so we can use wireless internet instead of phone line?

jdspencer said:
Too bad, I'd love to have at least folders on my T60 and DSR6000. Both are still going strong.
WOWSERS! Man get one of the new & great R10 boxes. I returned mine, but I only purchased it to test and it is a rocketship compared to the other Series2 units. I am NOT expecting the same result on the HDVR2 or DVR40 that I still have hanging around.

chastulsa said:
Will this enable the USB ports so we can use wireless internet instead of phone line?
Not to be rude ... but ... FAT CHANCE! The USB ports were hot out of the box with the R10 and 6.1, however, there are no TCP portd in use. We can all dream, but that doesn't make D* the tooth fairy.

jdspencer said:
Too bad, I'd love to have at least folders on my T60 and DSR6000. Both are still going strong.
WOWSERS! Man get one of the new & great R10 boxes. I returned mine, but I only purchased it to test and it is a rocketship compared to the other Series2 units. I am NOT expecting the same result on the HDVR2 or DVR40 that I still have hanging around.

It doesn't say that the R10 isn't getting an upgrade........... we can dream I guess.

oh crap what is my Hughes model Number????

good news if I can upgrade, very good news

Lets just hope that the upgrade doesn’t come with the D version problems like before what a headache.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)