The 6.2 software is coming for the DTV dvr's

Status
Please reply by conversation.
scratchee_1 said:
What about the Philips 708? Guide is so slow!

Yes, the 704 & 708's are essentially the same unit. 704 has 40 GIG hard drive, or 35 hours and the 708 has an 80 GIG hard drive, or 70 hours of recording time. Otherwise I beleive they are identical.

I have 3 708's and they were only installed a week ago.

Have you tried the Tivo guide instead of the grid guide? That works well for me but the Grid guide is patehtically slow, even though it looks nice. The Tivo guide has it's good points too once you get used to it.

This update is suppose to help that speed issue, let's hope it does.

Anyone have any idea when this update is coming? The month rolls on and no word on this that I have seen...

ddobson said:
Have you tried the Tivo guide instead of the grid guide? That works well for me but the Grid guide is patehtically slow, even though it looks nice. The Tivo guide has it's good points too once you get used to it.

This update is suppose to help that speed issue, let's hope it does.

How do I get to the TiVo guide?

It's called the List Guide now, I think. Bring up the guide, and press the Info button on your remote. You should then find the appropriate menu option to switch to the List Guide.

Correct, it's under guide options. When the guide is displayed, press the info button and you'll have options.

This is also a quick way to get to the guide a few days down the road. I use the options in the guide almost daily.

It's also correct that the names have changed. Once it was the DirecTV style guide and the Tivo Guide. Now I think they might be different.

Regardless of what they're called, the other guide style is significantly faster.

Sorry,

I know where it's at but I never looked at the changed names from previous versions. I use the "tivo" style guide 99% of the time.

Series 2 TIVO Upgrade

I just received the 7.1 upgrade. I have three TIVOs networked in my home. I can watch whatever is recorded on one TIVO in any room where I have a TIVO. Also, with the upgrade I can now download anything from my TIVOs to my computer and then copy the show/movie to a DVD.

This is really a good setup and I would recommend it to everyone. The information regarding the 7.1 upgrade is at tivo.com.

I hear 7.1 is also having lots of bugs, however.
And also, I think all of us have DirecTiVos, not stand-alones.
I hate this damn anticipation.

7.1 is for standalones only. this thread is related to 6.2 which is being released for the series2 DirecTV DVRs with Tivo

The software is rolling as many have reported the "slices" are already on their systems. However, the rollout has not been activated by DirecTV yet, this will be done through a daily call at their discretion.

DTV-T2-Tech said:
The first rollout has happened in the L.A area, so far so good, more soon.

Can you define "soon"? And where is "more" going to occur? Still in the L.A. area or is it going nationwide?

The first rollout was a test to see how many, if any dvr's will fail after the upgrade, for what I can tell it went fine. Full rollout should start anyday now.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts