The analog shutdown party thread

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
a bit of irony.. since our local DTV 2 switched to DTV 17 today.. I am getting all sorts of long range skip on analog 2 from stations who havn't pulled the plug yet..

Will the digital signals from the stations become more powerful once they shut off the analog transmissions? I have a couple stations that only come in when it's overcast and was hoping that the stations would put more into the digital signals once the analog is shut down.

So far in the Los Angeles DMA:
as of 1:10pm 6/12/09 (I am only reporting the major channels)

Analog 2 and 4 are on..but not showing the CBS/NBC programming.. they are showing DTV information

Analog 7 is off
Analog 9 is off

Analog 11 is STILL ON .. and is expected to swith over at 11:15pm

2.1 is now on 43
4.1 is still on 36
7.1 is now on 7 (my signal improved from 75 to 95!!!)
9.1 is now on 9

11.1 is still on 65

Minneapolis DMA

gone are 23 & 45...they left before hand

everyone else still on...most say 11:59 tonight they go bye bye. Then musical chairs begins

KMSP 9 (DT 26) moved to 9 (Fox)
KARE 11 (DT 35) moves to 11 (NBC)
KSTP 5 (DT50) moves to 35 (ABC)
WFTC 29 (DT21) moves to 29 (My Network)
KSTC 45 (DT44) moves to 45 (ind)

UHF still on Analog in Milwaukee
38 Univision
41 Wmlw due to sign off midnight?
58 CBS " "
62 CBS simalcast of 58

Scanned using an old school tv picking up crisp clear analog without any antenna!!

Last edited:
WMLW is displaying on the left hand side and bottom that this station is doing the digital switch starting June 13th.
channel 62 witch is rebroadcasting 58 is not displaying any type of warning.

OK NOW I UNDERSTAND. channel 41 wmlw and channel 62 CBS will still be broadcasting after today.
They are showing commercials about this.

Last edited:
correct

low powered stations do NOT have to convert. From what I've read about Milwaukee

In Milwaukee, Weigel Broadcasting plans to begin simulcasting the CBS lineup of WDJT/58 on the analog signal of WYTU-LP/63, while Weigel's independent WMLW-CA/41 will continue analog broadcasts. (Telemundo, formerly seen on channel 63, is now on digital channels 17.1 an 49.4.) Bustos Media's Azteca America affiliate, WBWT-CA/38 (Milwaukee), may continue analog broadcasts as well.

Here in Minneapolis we are down to 5 left

23 left on 2/17
45 left 5/26
2 & 17 (both PBS) left sometime today

4,5,9,11,29 are still left

analog 4 (CBS) has a crawl that is up now on the bottom of the screen
analog 11 (NBC) has a crawl at the top & bottom of hour and some cute commercials about rescanning tomorrow (since they are moving from 35 back to 11)
analog 5 (ABC), 9 (FOX), 29 (MY) havent had any crawl that I've seen

we have 6 low powered stations left
7 (Telefutrura)
13 (Univision)
14 3ABN
19 EWTN
43 Shopping
62 Daystar

25 which was low powered TBN went digital low powered

well 9 & 29 are done...they are running a loop of the same thing that was done when they did the "tests"

the "if you see this message then you're not ready yet"....this will end at 11:59 as both 9 & 29 move the digital channel to the analog spot

all 4 newscasts led off with the DTV transition....and all 4 were at either master control or the transmitter site :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)