The Artie Lange Show Cancelled

Status
Please reply by conversation.
That's a bummer. Artie is talented.

But the format, just didn't let Artie be able to shine like he could in an uncensored setting that was more freeform and not centered on sports. Also, Jon Ritchie wasn't the right fit either. And the show fell very short of the expectations of being syndicated to a lot of stations around the country. I think it was on 3 or 4 radio stations? And not even carried full time on those? So, a lot of production cost for not very many listeners/stations to subsidize it being on the Audience Network.

I'm hearing that Artie may come back on Sirius/XM with a new show that will be uncensored. I think that would be a lot better for him.

Artie is supposed to be on Nick Di Paolo's podcast tomorrow... so maybe something will be announced there.

Of course there's some big rumors on the net, one saying that Artie is using again. He made some crazy tweets right before he was hospitalized a few weeks ago (and have since been deleted) and according to the rumors, Directv could've used a possible clause in his contact to terminate it if he was found to be using again. Of course these are all rumors and could be total crap.

i think there is more to this story and i suspect artie is using again. i would hope not as i have been rooting for him. i just have a hard time believing dtv would cancel the show without warning, especially so close to his hospital stay.

i think there is more to this story and i suspect artie is using again. i would hope not as i have been rooting for him. i just have a hard time believing dtv would cancel the show without warning, especially so close to his hospital stay.

but i see dtv is showing repeats this week. not sure if its just for the ret of the week. really weird to show reruns after you cancel the show.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)