The BEST western movie EVER

Status
Please reply by conversation.
All mentioned are great movies, but let us not forget Glenn Ford's "The fastest Gun Alive". It would definitely be in my top five.

tombstone, true grit, rooster cogburn, little big man, anything with clint eastwood (even non-westerns), the old & new alamo, well i guess westerns in general

Magic Static, I totally forgot about Quigley Down Under, That has to be on top of my list. Recently rented My Name Is Nobody (1974) and The Big Country (1958), not great movies but entertaining.

Magic Static, I totally forgot about Quigley Down Under, That has to be on top of my list. Recently rented My Name Is Nobody (1974) and The Big Country (1958), not great movies but entertaining.

The trinity of "Trinity" movies were classic! "THEY CALL ME TRINITY", "TRINITY IS STILL MY NAME" and "MY NAME IS NOBODY". Terrence Hill and Bud Spencer.

Watch this scene closely (from Trinity is Still My Name) when the deck is cut in this scene. Ha! Just kidding, watch til the end for the most hilarious scene of all time!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwiScdPiRW4&feature=related

RADAR

Last edited:
Then there are the western comedies, the classic, "Paint Your Wagon", "The Halleluja Trail", and more recently "Wagons East" (John Candy's last movie).
The Cowboys is a classic also(the first movie John Wayne dies in). I like Bruce Dern as a bad guy. He plays the role well in several movies. Yes he's my favorite bad guy.

oh western comedies now. i can easily pick a fav for that. "Blazing Saddles", try and release that movie today.

Then there are the western comedies, the classic, "Paint Your Wagon", "The Halleluja Trail", and more recently "Wagons East" (John Candy's last movie).
The Cowboys is a classic also(the first movie John Wayne dies in). I like Bruce Dern as a bad guy. He plays the role well in several movies. Yes he's my favorite bad guy.
the Support Your Local Sheriff & Gunfighter Movies with James Garner & Jack Elam are great comedy's...

Did anyone mention the Magnificent Seven?

Photto

Good Grief! I just realized... I only have four 1TB HDD's to put these all on! LOL! :)

I am working on it (all of the movies already mentioned) I have already recorded... with one or two exceptions at most so far.

The very first Mag 7 movie was great, I didn't care for the sequels.

Four For Texas is also a classic!

Blazing Saddles is one of my absolute favorite movies of all time, but you are correct... It is a comedy, not actually a western. And I don't think anyone BUT Mel Brooks could get away with a movie like that, then or now.

RADAR

the Support Your Local Sheriff & Gunfighter Movies with James Garner & Jack Elam are great comedy's...

Oh yes! Of course James Garner was great in every role he did, but I really like him and Jack Elam in "Support Your Local Gunfighter" the best of the two.

Garner was one of the great actors, who were somewhat overlooked. He was also a damned good singer!

RADAR

This is what I have on my westerns drive...
3:10 to Yuma
A Fistful of Dollars
A River Runs Through it
Almost Heroes
American Outlaws
Appalosa
Australia
Bad Girls
Blazing Saddles
Bronco Billy
Buffalo Bill and the Indians
Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
Butch and Sundance: the Early Years
Cimarron
City Slickers
City Slickers II: Legend of Curly's Gold
Cold Mountain
Crossfire Trail
Dances With Wolves (extended)
Desperado
Duel at Diablo
Eagle's Wing
El Dorado
Five Card Stud
For a Few Dollars More
Fort Bowie
Geronimo: An American Legend
Goin' South
Gunfight at the O.K. Corral
Guns of the Magnificent Seven
Gunsmoke (episode 1)
Hang 'Em High
Heaven's Gate
Jeremiah Johnson
Joe Kidd
Legends of the Fall
Lights of Old Santa Fe
Little Big Man
Lonely are the Brave
Major Dundee
Maverick
McCabe and Mrs. Miller
McLintock!
Once Upon a Time in the West
Open Range
Paint Your Wagon
Pale Rider
Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid
Quigley Down Under
Red River
Return of a Man Called Horse
Rustlers' Rhapshody
Sam Whiskey
Sargent Rutledge
Shanghai Noon
Shenandoah
Silverado
Sitting Bull
Stagecoach ('66)
Stagecoach ('39)
Sukiyaki Western Django
Support Your Local Gunfighter
Support Your Local Sheriff
The Alamo
The Ballad of Cable Hogue
The Big Country
The Cowboys
The Culpepper Cattle Company
The Duchess and the Dirtwater Fox
The Far Country
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
The Hallelujah Trail
The Horse Soldiers
The Last Samuriai
The Life and Times of Judge Roy Bean
The Long Riders
The Magnificent Seven
The Man From Laramie
THe Man Who Loved Cat Dancing
The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence
The Missing
The Outlaw Josey Whales
The Quick and the Dead
The Return of a Man Called Horse
The Scalphunters
The Sons of Katie Elder
The Train Robbers
The Unforgiven
The Way West
The White Buffalo
The Wild Bunch
Three Amigos!
Tombstone
Two Mules for Sister Sara
Unforgiven
White Feather
Wild Bill
Will Penny
Winchester '73
Wyatt Earp
Yellow Sky
Young Guns
Young Guns II

Now I know this may be controversial(because of the lead actress). But for a western comedy,Cat Ballou. Lee Marvin (and his horse) can't easily be forgotten. Blazing Saddles and Support Your Local Sheriff round out my top three in the Comedy category (in no order). The Good, The Bad, The Ugly is #1 in westerns here.

Last edited:
Cat Ballou, good, got it, While were in the wayback machine, anyone remember Son of Pale Face? with Bob Hope?

My favorite 3 in sequence: Unforgiven, Quigley Down Under, Rustler's Rhapsody. I'm old enough to remember Wallace Berry and prefered Gary Cooper to John Wayne (something about authenticity).:D

Personally I didn't think I'd like 'Seraphim Falls', but a buddy of mine convinced me to rent it.
I must say that Liam Neeson and Pierce Brosnan do a pretty good job for a "newer" western flick.

Lonesome Dove I've bought twice (VHS and Blu-ray) so I guess that's #1
Dancing with Wolves I have on VHS.
Blazing Saddles I have on VHS.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts