The Big Bang Theory

Am I the only one that was disappointed in the season ending? My thought was shark-jump and that would be a shame.

Am I the only one that was disappointed in the season ending? My thought was shark-jump and that would be a shame.

You can only play the crush card so often. Sooner or later the issue had to be dealt with.

Besides, its just a first date. Personally having her date one of the guys probably puts her on the screen more, and thats a win for me.

Yep, I too think see needs to be involved more, but I hope that does not take away from the interaction time of the other 4; as they are hilariously together. I think Wolowitz could steal the show if it were so written.

Yep, I too think see needs to be involved more, but I hope that does not take away from the interaction time of the other 4; as they are hilariously together. I think Wolowitz could steal the show if it were so written.

Yes but in order for it to work they need to interact with "normal people". Comedy needs straight men. The Marx Brothers had Margaret Dumont and these guys need Penny or a character like her.

It was... I have been catching up a little as CBS is showing it on Thursdays also, I watched one last week with Becky from Rosanne in it...

One of the two Beckys plays Stella on HIMYM. That was probably what threw you. either that or you just forgot waht sitcom daughter is which.

Yes but in order for it to work they need to interact with "normal people". Comedy needs straight men. The Marx Brothers had Margaret Dumont and these guys need Penny or a character like her.

That was kind of my objection. If Penny and Leonard get together, it changes the dynamics. Penny by necessity starts to 'get it'. Sheldon suddenly has a life, and he loses some of that 'geek with a bit of a clue' attitude.

They can make it work, but they also could have milked the current situation for 2 more seasons.

They can do a lot with the Penny/Leonard storyline. They could keep them together and see how their worlds clash or they could break them up. I guess we will have to wait until the season premiere to see how the date went.

I actually find the interaction between Penny and Sheldon to be some of the funniest scenes in the show. I love this show, and can't wait for it to return in September. I like it so much I am watching the repeats. :)

Big Bang Theory

I was going to revive the old thread, but there seem to be new rules in place that prevent responding to a thread that has been dormant for 60 days.

When we last left this discussion, we were wondering if the Leonard/Penny relationship would sink the show.

It looks to me that the producers have it well planned out and they will have weeks of situations to work with. I think it is going to be OK.

The rules allow us to use old threads, just have to click, I understand that I am bumping an old topic.

I'll merge.... :)

First episode was fun. I liked it. The guy who plays Sheldon is really a good actor.

The rules allow us to use old threads, just have to click, I understand that I am bumping an old topic.

I'll merge.... :)

First episode was fun. I liked it. The guy who plays Sheldon is really a good actor.

Missed seeing that button (before I posted??). After I entered the post, I just got a "Cant post to old threads, hit OK to cancel" type warning. No option.

I think all of us nerds would like to be Leonard. He's the guy who has a clue how the normal world operates. He understands, but isn't quite like the others. Unfortunately, we probably have some of all of them in us. For example, my wife always accused me of being so logical when we argued. Yep, her point? Isn't logic at the core of any argument? (hint: no!)

I also think the non-nerds like the show because it allows them to have a laugh at our expense. They always present the nerd thinking at a level where the "normal" person can almost get it well enough to find it funny.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)