The Bob Checkin thread

Status
Please reply by conversation.
you're easy to please since you've been with E* for so long :p

Honestly Bob, you're going to get bored really quick! I had Dish for over 6 years before going to DirecTV in 2005. With Dish, it felt like I needed to have a little bit of tech skills to make everything work right. I needed switches here, an extra dish there. The boxes needed resetting. If I left my HD box on an OTA channel and turned it off, great trouble would ensue. This, of course, was just par for the course. I kinda enjoyed being a techy and messing with the stuff. It was fun to re-point my 148 dish to 61 just to see if I got anything extra. Eventually, I got tired of messing with my system and losing channels that I wanted. I got tired of promises never kept (NBR for 508 was a big one for me). In 2005, I switched to DirecTV and Tivo. Since then, everything just works. I am actually rather bored with my setup because there has been nothing wrong for me to fix! Yes, they added MRV, DECA, and I can play DVD rips through Media Share and stream internet music through TVersity...but I still feel the need to "fix" something. Maybe, someday, I'll need to re-peak my dish or dust off my SWM setup in the attic... Until then, I guess I'll just have to watch TV...how boring!

Honestly Bob, you're going to get bored really quick! I had Dish for over 6 years before going to DirecTV in 2005. With Dish, it felt like I needed to have a little bit of tech skills to make everything work right. I needed switches here, an extra dish there. The boxes needed resetting. If I left my HD box on an OTA channel and turned it off, great trouble would ensue. This, of course, was just par for the course. I kinda enjoyed being a techy and messing with the stuff. It was fun to re-point my 148 dish to 61 just to see if I got anything extra. Eventually, I got tired of messing with my system and losing channels that I wanted. I got tired of promises never kept (NBR for 508 was a big one for me). In 2005, I switched to DirecTV and Tivo. Since then, everything just works. I am actually rather bored with my setup because there has been nothing wrong for me to fix! Yes, they added MRV, DECA, and I can play DVD rips through Media Share and stream internet music through TVersity...but I still feel the need to "fix" something. Maybe, someday, I'll need to re-peak my dish or dust off my SWM setup in the attic... Until then, I guess I'll just have to watch TV...how boring!

LOL, I feel the same way. I removed so many jumper cables from my E* receivers that I filled up a box. Cables, diplexers, splitters, etc.... Now, everything just freaking works. I turn on the receiver, bum it works. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.