The cinemax deal for .1 cent, I was charged full price...

coldblood2k7

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 20, 2007
Here is a chat session I had with a live chat rep.

Please wait while we find a representative to assist you...
All agents are currently busy. Please stand by.
An agent will be with you in a moment. Thank you for your patience.
You have been connected to (03)Susan J.
(03)Susan J: Welcome to Dish Network. How may I help you today?
Christopher: Yes I would like to know why my current balance says $269.04, when yesterday it said $120.64, where did this $148.40 charge come from?
(03)Susan J: I will be glad to help you.
(03)Susan J: Please give me 2 minutes while I pull up your account and assist you further.
Christopher: ok
(03)Susan J: Thank you for your patience.
Christopher: No problem
(03)Susan J: I see that, the bill due on 12/21/07 is $120.64 , however on 12/19/2007 Cinemax was added for 1 year for $141.33 that's the reason the current bill shows the balance of $269.04.
Christopher: Yes but I talked to a csr on the phone, the deal was for cinemax for 1 year for 1 cent.
(03)Susan J: Please give me 2 minutes while I check this for you.
Christopher: Ok
Christopher: Not a problem
(03)Susan J: I see that, you are signed up for Cinemax one year free promotion and the charge showed up on the account and please do not worry credits will be taken care off.
Christopher: So what about the 148.40 charge?
Christopher: it supposed to be 1 cent not $148
(03)Susan J: The credits will be processed.
(03)Susan J: Do not worry.
Christopher: Oh ok
Christopher: Thank you
(03)Susan J: It was my pleasure assisting you!
(03)Susan J: Is there anything else I can assist you with?
Christopher: Thnak you and have a great night! No thats it, the charge scared me a bit just wanted to clear that up thank you
(03)Susan J: Thank you for chatting with Dish Network, have a great day!
spacer.gif

Now having all of that, am I still having to pay the 148.40 charge? Or is that there for credit purposes? And that I dont have to pay it.

Thank you guys!

You need to make a phone call. I signed up for the Cinemax 1 cent deal the other day. My account shows 1 cent. It did NOT go up like yours did. Something is not right for you, and you need to get somebody that can understand that, and correct it. I wouldn't wait until they get a chance to yank the money out of your card, because then they have your money, and you have little leverage to get them to return it. Better to get it straightened out now.

Here is a chat session I had with a live chat rep.

Please wait while we find a representative to assist you...
All agents are currently busy. Please stand by.
An agent will be with you in a moment. Thank you for your patience.
You have been connected to (03)Susan J.
(03)Susan J: Welcome to Dish Network. How may I help you today?
Christopher: Yes I would like to know why my current balance says $269.04, when yesterday it said $120.64, where did this $148.40 charge come from?
(03)Susan J: I will be glad to help you.
(03)Susan J: Please give me 2 minutes while I pull up your account and assist you further.
Christopher: ok
Christopher: No problem
(03)Susan J: I see that, the bill due on 12/21/07 is $120.64 , however on 12/19/2007 Cinemax was added for 1 year for $141.33 that's the reason the current bill shows the balance of $269.04.
Christopher: Yes but I talked to a csr on the phone, the deal was for cinemax for 1 year for 1 cent.
(03)Susan J: Please give me 2 minutes while I check this for you.
Christopher: Ok
Christopher: Not a problem
(03)Susan J: I see that, you are signed up for Cinemax one year free promotion and the charge showed up on the account and please do not worry credits will be taken care off.
Christopher: So what about the 148.40 charge?
Christopher: it supposed to be 1 cent not $148
(03)Susan J: The credits will be processed.
(03)Susan J: Do not worry.
Christopher: Oh ok
Christopher: Thank you
(03)Susan J: It was my pleasure assisting you!
(03)Susan J: Is there anything else I can assist you with?
Christopher: Thnak you and have a great night! No thats it, the charge scared me a bit just wanted to clear that up thank you
(03)Susan J: Thank you for chatting with Dish Network, have a great day!
spacer.gif

Now having all of that, am I still having to pay the 148.40 charge? Or is that there for credit purposes? And that I dont have to pay it.

Thank you guys!

Sounds to me by reading that, she is crediting your account. I'd save that chat session and pay your bill less the $148. then if it turns up again, email ceo@echostar.com and send this with your email.

I just logged into my account on Dishnetwork.com and this is what is under A La Carte or Add Ons: 1 YR CINEMAX PENNY OFFER. If you don't have that, my guess is you are not signed up correctly.

1 YR CINEMAX PENNY OFFER, Fox Sports North, DISH Home Protection Plan, AMERICA'S TOP 250 BONUS PAK, DISH Network DVR Service Fee

Thats what mine says, nothing showed up for charges yet, maybe next bill. I will try and save up some extra cash and pay the extra $.01 :D

After reading this thread yesterday, I checked my account. They did the same thing to me. They charged me the regular Cinemax yearly rate, which came out to $139.34. I got them to fix it, and the credit was posted to my account this morning, minus two days of Cinemax for $0.79. I would suggest if you don't see a credit for $148 dollars, you need to call again.

Dish website is currently down - cannot check my account - but I will.

I signed up via on line chat and I saved the text of the chat.

After logging on to my account, they did fix it, and it was moved to a la carte.

To get to live chat, somebody said that its on the left bottom of the screen. I however couldnt find it. So I just searched for "live chat" and clicked the second link. Hope that helps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)