Status
Please reply by conversation.

al_madhi

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 6, 2005
Riyadh - Saudi Arabia
TO all members of this forum

Reference the the above subject what is the difference exactly between blind scan and auto scan in technical terms ? .

I understand that when you do auto scan the receiver will scan all frequencies already stored in the memory of the receiver only without inputing transponders parameters such as the frequency ,the polarity , the symbol rate and the FEC by the end user .

While the Blind Scan is the ability of the receiver to scan all the frequencies whether they are stored or not stored in the memory of the receiver without inputing the transponders parameters mentioned above by the end user . These days there are many Korean satellite receivers written in their user manuals on spec.features :-
1 - Auto Scan
2 - Blind Scan
If Blind Scan feature is better than Auto Scan feature Why they mention the two features together What are your comments ?

Best Regards

A.M.AL-MADHI

A Blind Scan, also called a Smart Scan will search for frequencies and Symbol rates

A Auto Scan will search the transponders stored in the unit

Auto scan works good when a team usually uses the same frequency but different PID's

Iceberg said:
A Blind Scan, also called a Smart Scan will search for frequencies and Symbol rates

A Auto Scan will search the transponders stored in the unit

Auto scan works good when a team usually uses the same frequency but different PID's

To - Iceberg

Thank you for your reply

You said Blind Scan is called also Smart Scan this new information to me
but what it does you did not say much almost you repeat what I said to its function in my subject What I want How the receiver recognized all the parameters of the new transponders without inputing them directly by the end user or indirectly stored in memory . After the receiver has left the factory .

Read this replay to my subject above from someone from other satellite forum . Quote " Nothing out at the moment does a true auto scan , all of the branded receivers claiming real "Blind scan" use a generic Korean system that only functions within the parameters given by the chipset in the receiver Its a scan and the catchword for this time ."

I understand from his reply that the designers of these korean satellite receivers they collect all available frequencies parameters from all satellites companies and from web-sites and preprogrammed chips in the motherboards of the receivers so that when you do blind scan these receivers will search all these preprogrammed frquencies . But when these
receivers leave factory after sometime New satellites launched with new transponders or the exisiting satellites transmit new transponders which are all not preprogrammed these receivers will not recognized them even if you do Blind scan . What is your comments

Best Regards

A.M.AL-MADHI

At current technology, all the channels, frequencies, symbol rates, etc. are all within the range, unless there something is difference then the current setting in the DVB receiver. So, if everything are standard, the blind search does has the ability to scan everything although its a new sat or not.
If you has the BUD, you will understand how this work, when we search a channel within the sat, the receiver will auto scan the channel and lock on it.

al_madhi said:
To - Iceberg

Thank you for your reply

You said Blind Scan is called also Smart Scan this new information to me
but what it does you did not say much almost you repeat what I said to its function in my subject What I want How the receiver recognized all the parameters of the new transponders without inputing them directly by the end user or indirectly stored in memory . After the receiver has left the factory .

Read this replay to my subject above from someone from other satellite forum . Quote " Nothing out at the moment does a true auto scan , all of the branded receivers claiming real "Blind scan" use a generic Korean system that only functions within the parameters given by the chipset in the receiver Its a scan and the catchword for this time ."

I understand from his reply that the designers of these korean satellite receivers they collect all available frequencies parameters from all satellites companies and from web-sites and preprogrammed chips in the motherboards of the receivers so that when you do blind scan these receivers will search all these preprogrammed frquencies . But when these
receivers leave factory after sometime New satellites launched with new transponders or the exisiting satellites transmit new transponders which are all not preprogrammed these receivers will not recognized them even if you do Blind scan . What is your comments

Best Regards

A.M.AL-MADHI

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)