The Dish April 1st New HD Saga (Merged Threads)

I sent Digi all the technical information on where the new HD is so hopefully he can check it and see if there is any signs of life.

I would check it myself but my TSREADER box dies and I haven't bothered to fix it since its only use was for TSREADER.

Because of contract language dish is not at liberty to speak on any problems it may have with Viacom in regard to delay in launching the viacom pack.'

I'm sure this is exactly the issue. Partners with working agreements aren't going to be happy if one of them is publically blaming issues on the other. As customers, folks want the information, but public companies rarely release anything but good news unless they are otherwise required.

Rey, do you work for AIG and this is your way of getting rid of that bonus you got before uncle sam takes that away :)

(Now where does that line start for them 922s)

I won't get to watch much of them channels this weekend, I have to cut a **** tree down do I can get my locals off of 129.

Below is an official reply from Dish Network that I just received via email:
Dear Mr. Jackson,

Thank you for your email expressing concern about the additional Viacom HD channels that were referred to in the Charlie Chat. Currently, DISH Network and Viacom, the owner of these channels, are working to finalize the launch of these HD channels.

We realize that in today’s competitive world you have a choice in services. We thank you for your continued business and support.

Sincerely,

Thank you

Angeline Xxxxxx
Executive Communication
DISH Network Corporation

Last edited:
Below is an official reply from Dish Network that I just received via email:
Dear Mr. Jackson,

Thank you for your email expressing concern about the additional Viacom HD channels that were referred to in the Charlie Chat. Currently, DISH Network and Viacom, the owner of these channels, are working to finalize the launch of these HD channels.

We realize that in today’s competitive world you have a choice in services. We thank you for your continued business and support.

Sincerely,

Thank you

Remove the phone number and other information.

Dish Network Fiasco Response

Here is the reply I received for the disgruntled email I sent to ceo at echostar.com this morning:

"Dear Mr. Indianafanatic,

Sincerely,

Thank you

Angeline R.
Executive Communication
DISH Network Corporation"

Given the lack of specific details, it appears that the problem is financial in nature; not technical.

Last edited:
Amen brother.

People are getting blown up in wars, starving to death, have no homes, etc., etc., etc. around the world and folks here are bent out of shape 'cause they didn't get a few lousy channels added in HD that they were PROMISED on time.:rolleyes: Give me a break.

Ed

Why do people always resort to mentioning wars, starvation, and hunger when they really can't dispute a point. Last I checked, this isn't a forum on any of those 3 topics, so it wouldn't make sense to discuss them here, would it?

So how do we send my shipping info for our free 922?

I should already be on the list, but have not sent my shipping info.

Do I think this is real? Do I think I will get a free VIP922? No I do not.... But it will be fun to see what I do get.

"Currently, DISH Network and Viacom, the owner of these channels, are working to finalize the launch of these HD channels."

I read this as both companies working on a solution to launch channels that one of them owns. If the problem were of a technical nature, wouldn't it just be Dish Network working to resolve the problem? By no means am I a techie, so I may be looking at this without my glasses on...

Probably a prudent course of action but you can always switch back to a Classic package if necessary. I will say that Com Cen, Spike, and CMT are all in SD currently in Turbo Bronze. Nick and MTV are missing but that doesn't necessarily mean anything as some HD channels in the Turbo packs have their SD counterparts included and some don't. I can't figure it out.

I was at DDA TurboHD Gold when I swtiched to DDA Classic Bronze and BronzeHD. The CSR was going to charge me the $5 down grade fee until I whined. I don't want to go through that again ...

Of course there is also the Fox News fiasco with TurboHD ... TurboHD "Color" does NOT equal Classic "Color" with matching "Color"HD. :mad:

So, in other words, I will only switch back to TurboHD until it is confirmed that the channels are there.

Edit: Besides I switch once already yanking Nick from my kids. Now that they have it back ... I would not be allowed in the house if I yanked it again ... ;)

i am extending the deadline to this Friday ;). which means i have to extend the offer till friday for more posters in this thread. yes, i know this move is getting me even more knee deep in s***

Well, if you want to do that to yourself.

Put me in for one too.

"Currently, DISH Network and Viacom, the owner of these channels, are working to finalize the launch of these HD channels."

If the problem were of a technical nature, wouldn't it just be Dish Network working to resolve the problem? By no means am I a techie, so I may be looking at this without my glasses on...

Not if Viacom is having problems providing the feed TO Dish. Most indications are that Dish was ready. The contract had been settled months ago.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)