The Dish April 1st New HD Saga (Merged Threads)

Looks like is the time to change to U-VERSE. DISH,. Charging people wrong every damn month well most of U have to call back and urge about UR BILL…tells lies about this month and next month adding more HD/CHS Bunch the B.S ..go on and on.!! The way is going and plus dish getting sued left and right, and always behind the DR/TV most the times! I don’t think they gonna last no much longer, might one or two more years TOP! I just sick if all these B.S so alots poeple getting worse NOT better thats or sure!

Dish for some reason uplinks on Wednesdays but channels dont become officially available (and CSR's are not notified) until Thursday.

Its a screwed up system.
No, it's not. It's actually perfectly sensible. Who cares if the channels are uplinked on Wednesdays and CSRs get info a day later ? Existing customers will get them automatically, hence no need to call in and therefore no need for CSRs to know they're available.

Who does it hurt ?

Reply from CEO @ dishnetwork

Dear Mr. Krauser,

Thank you for your email expressing concern about the additional Viacom HD channels that were referred to in the Charlie Chat. Currently, DISH Network and Viacom, the owner of these channels, are working to finalize the launch of these HD channels.

We realize that in today’s competitive world you have a choice in services. We thank you for your continued business and support.

Sincerely,

Thank you

Angeline Romero
Executive Communication
DISH Network Corporation
Angel****.*******@dishnetwork.com
720-588-****

Last edited by a moderator:
And nothing will change on E*'s end. They'll get the channels up when they can, take it or leave it. See if anyone gets any "credits" for this... They won't, because they've "lost" nothing.
Well, Dish lost 100K+ customers in the last quarter, compared to DirecTV / UVerse / FIOS all gaining. They have been losing customers for the past year. And Dish stock has dropped from a high of appr. $49.72 in October 2007 to $12.19 at the close today.

I'd say Dish has "lost" quite a bit due to their mismanagement and lies. :(

Wow, that tells us nothing really. Is it technical? Contractual? Our evidence points to technical, but no time frame? Well I guess that isn't surprising. Thanks for posting this response though.

Dear Mr. Krauser,

Thank you for your email expressing concern about the additional Viacom HD channels that were referred to in the Charlie Chat. Currently, DISH Network and Viacom, the owner of these channels, are working to finalize the launch of these HD channels.

We realize that in today’s competitive world you have a choice in services. We thank you for your continued business and support.

Sincerely,

Thank you

Angeline Romero
Executive Communication
DISH Network Corporation
Angel****.******@dishnetwork.com
720-5**-****

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, that tells us nothing really.
They ARE working on it. That's better than NOT working on it! :D

I second the thanks...as I was thinking about emailing them myself but decided to just wait it out. I don't even know if I'm getting any of the channels with the Absolute HD, but methinks I will get some.

Scott - the 53xx channel numbers are Dish Latino HD channel numbers, and the technology used is "virtual channel numbers" (which is why the 53xx channel numbers cannot map down).

BET is not part of Dish Latino SD packages, so it is not part of Dish Latino HD.

The only think wrong is that there are no channels actually uplinked, nothing else.

Dear Charlie: You have gotten alot of heat lately, but not much from me. I subscribed 19 months ago and have been very happy with the service. Great DVR, I've always had friendly, understanding customer service who has fixed my problems (only two minor calls), I LOVE my external hard drives (4 - 500gb drives filled with HD movies), you have the best DVR in the business, and you have added many HD channels since I started with Dish. Can't say I was too happy with the loss of Voom, but all in all, I am a very happy customer. I understand that in business, dates change, contracts need time so I understand when there is a delay in new channels but you always come through, like you did two weeks ago when you added Duluth, Minnesota locals in HD, all of them. I am going to be with Dish for a long time. Unfortunately we live in a "I want it now or yesterday" society so those without patience let them switch to DirecTV and find out what I did for 2 years prior to moving to Dish, that there's plenty of problems there.

(Sung to the tune of "Candy Man")

Who can break a promise? (Who can break a promise)
Break it with a smile? (Break it with a smile)
Who can promise April but deliver in July?
The Charlie Man can! (The Charlie Man can)
Yes, the Charlie Man can. (The Charlie Man can)
The Charlie Man can 'cause he has a heart that's blacker than my plasma TV. (My plasma TV)
I say, I say, there's something kind of eeeeeeeeewwwwwwww about a boy who re-writes lyrics to Candy Man.;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)