The Dish April 1st New HD Saga (Merged Threads)

I'm just glad that I am no longer a subscriber to Dish Network, I switched to Direct about a month ago and I am very happy with it. I just got tired of the promises that were really just empty because they couldn't deliver on them.

I'm just glad that I am no longer a subscriber to Dish Network, I switched to Direct about a month ago and I am very happy with it. I just got tired of the promises that were really just empty because they couldn't deliver on them.
How much more will you be paying for the same channels when the promo expires?

My my. Remember the days when people complained that Dish wouldnt give dates that channels would be made available? I hate to say it but it was actually better when no dates were given than setting ones that are not met. Yes delays are always possible. But it would be nice if a company gave some kind of simplistic reason for it. Kinda funny but if there was an official statement that said "Sorry, my dog ate the activation codes" I might actually laugh. :D

I think that the key is "transparency". If only some sort of statement were issued to explain the problems that they are having.

My attraction to DiSH throughout the years has been the Charlie Chat. What other CEO and billionaire presents a show every three months to talk about their products. I was and honestly still am impressed. I admit i am a DISH 'dittohead'.

Having said that, I still wish they could be more transparent. Why not have a subsection of this blog, for example, in which actual Dish employees answered the problems that people brought up? The Twitter thing is OK, but not much substance there. There really aren't that many problems brought up here. You probably could boil them down to 20 or 30 real issues. A good customer relations person or department could respond to them and keep people update on progress. They could even say that some issues will not be resolved. People will be able to accept that or reject it. If we knew that 25 out of 30 issues were being addressed you would have a pretty happy following.

Charlie Chats were a start and were good several years ago, but a real customer relations agent could really make a difference.

That's not bad - I can see why you did. Especially if you didn't have to pay a bunch up-front and can save during the first 12 months.

What equipment do you like better?

Well Directv, I get more channels standard and HD and the PQ is better. There are features that I wish Directv had that Dish had and vice versa. It's kind of a draw, the only thing I really miss with Dish's 722, is the speed of the receiver is faster. But that's it. I also really didn't have to pay a lot up front. So all in all I believe I am getting more bang for my buck.

I have both Dish HD and Direct HD btedford and i have the top of the line samsung series 8 LCD TV and the picture PQ is NO better on Direct TV. Direct PQ on SD sucks more than Dish!!!!!!!!!!! BTW HD on both Dish and Direct TV is the SAME!!!!!!!!!!!

I have both Dish HD and Direct HD btedford and i have the top of the line samsung series 8 LCD TV and the picture PQ is NO better on Direct TV. Direct PQ on SD sucks more than Dish!!!!!!!!!!! BTW HD on both Dish and Direct TV is the SAME!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry but I disagree with you. I think the PQ is better on Directv. But everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

When you have both in the Picture and Picture mode on the screen at the same time then you can judge it!!!!!!!!!

btedford, you are paying $180 extra (or will be when incentives are gone) per year to exorcise frustration per your own account. If you perceive your HD and SD quality on DirecTv to be better, then it probably is worth it. (Although I noted "zenithtv" disagreed fairly violently with you about the picture quality, its your viewing that counts when you're paying the bill.)

Of course, I am a happy Dish subscriber. If Dish would give me noticably increased quality (to go along with my 722, locals in HD, RSN in HD, and approximately 70 other HD channels), I would probably be very happy to pay them $180 extra per year. But Dish is not in a quality battle with DirecTv now, they're in a quantity battle. So maybe more quality after a couple more satellites are in place.

I'm sorry but I disagree with you. I think the PQ is better on Directv. But everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
It's probably because you feel like you are getting a better bang for you buck to the quality stands out more...:D

(Don't take that seriously, but I couldn't help myself)

What satelites were you picking up, if you recall?

I think that the key is "transparency". If only some sort of statement were issued to explain the problems that they are having.

My attraction to DiSH throughout the years has been the Charlie Chat. What other CEO and billionaire presents a show every three months to talk about their products. I was and honestly still am impressed. I admit i am a DISH 'dittohead'.

Having said that, I still wish they could be more transparent. Why not have a subsection of this blog, for example, in which actual Dish employees answered the problems that people brought up? The Twitter thing is OK, but not much substance there. There really aren't that many problems brought up here. You probably could boil them down to 20 or 30 real issues. A good customer relations person or department could respond to them and keep people update on progress. They could even say that some issues will not be resolved. People will be able to accept that or reject it. If we knew that 25 out of 30 issues were being addressed you would have a pretty happy following.

Charlie Chats were a start and were good several years ago, but a real customer relations agent could really make a difference.

I agree completely. The Charlie Chats now are nothing more than a marketing & promotion gimmick.

When you have both in the Picture and Picture mode on the screen at the same time then you can judge it!!!!!!!!!

Um, if you do that, then the picture is shrunk down...no wonder they look the same to you....theres no way you could tell the difference in two HD feeds when you PiP it....

It's probably because you feel like you are getting a better bang for you buck to the quality stands out more...:D

(Don't take that seriously, but I couldn't help myself)

What satelites were you picking up, if you recall?

I was picking up 110, 118, 120, and I am forgetting what the last one was.

Well my monthly bill for the rest of the year is $61. After that it's $80, with Dish I was paying $95 or so.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)