The Dish April 1st New HD Saga (Merged Threads)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
April 8th

There are some hints that some new channels are being launched on April 8th.

Check out the program guide for Starz and Encore. Around 12:30am Pacific Time, they both have 'off air' listed on the guide.

A couple channels on the 200 range are 'moving' on April 8th.

Hm.....and April 8th is a Wednesday.

There are some hints that some new channels are being launched on April 8th.

Check out the program guide for Starz and Encore. Around 12:30am Pacific Time, they both have 'off air' listed on the guide.

A couple channels on the 200 range are 'moving' on April 8th.

Hm.....and April 8th is a Wednesday.
I hate to get peoples hopes up, but for wild speculation about the channel moves... the vacancies are going to be between the news teir and the shopping "mall". There is a viacom SD channel that is pretty much unlike any of the other channels on e*. I'll go out on a limb and ask, if the viacom HD channels actually show up on wednesday, might logo show up in the 200 range at the same time?
They are probably getting the space ready for HD shopping channels, but I still thought I'd ask...

I agree, where is the explanation? A simple "Sorry, we had some difficulties..." is better than complete silence. The silence just makes us customers feel small and insignificant.

I'll go out on a limb and ask, if the viacom HD channels actually show up on wednesday, might logo show up in the 200 range at the same time?
I'll go out on a limb and suggest that if Logo has gone this far without making into the lineup, it probably never will (unless the existing channel with a similar focus goes away).

I've pretty much decided that I'm not going to count on anything from Dish. When they actually show up in my guide and I can view them, I'll just be thankful. Rumors and even specific statements from Ergen mean nothing.

Makes sense.

There is of course no reason to suspect that the Viacom channels will launch on Wednesday. The only reason there is even a rumour is that, well, Wednesday is a Wednesday, the "usual" uplink day. Every week people float rumours that new channels are forthcoming on the next uplink day.

Frankly, they could just as easily go up today (i.e. when we least expect them). What's curious is that there is no information about the cause of the delay.

I hate to get peoples hopes up, but for wild speculation about the channel moves... the vacancies are going to be between the news teir and the shopping "mall". There is a viacom SD channel that is pretty much unlike any of the other channels on e*. I'll go out on a limb and ask, if the viacom HD channels actually show up on wednesday, might logo show up in the 200 range at the same time?
They are probably getting the space ready for HD shopping channels, but I still thought I'd ask...

I'll go out on a limb and suggest that if Logo has gone this far without making into the lineup, it probably never will (unless the existing channel with a similar focus goes away).

Wasn't aware there was an existing channel with a similar focus. In my opinion tho', I have to agree that Logo will never show up on Dish. There actions in moving HereTV to internet VOD PPV only and the fact that Dish's executive staff gets downright rude and evasive when pressed about Logo seems to indicate some top level racism here.

That's totally normal. About once a month, ALL the channels in a premium service will go off air for an hour or 2. Testing, calibration, who knows, but it happens all the time.

You might have seen I have been quiet about the situation about these new HD channels. I have only be quiet because I have heard nothing new.

When I hear something I will post it.

Also keep an eye out on Dish Networks twitter page at DISH Network (dishnetwork) on Twitter

I had no doubt that you had not heard, thats what is blowing my mind. Nice to know they care.

I had no doubt that you had not heard, thats what is blowing my mind. Nice to know they care.

You know, while caring is nice, I'd much rather they be competent.

Announcing (via graphic) channels to be launched April 1st and then failing to launch them, for no apparent reason, smacks of incompetence.

And I don't even care about the Viacom suite. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)