The Dish April 1st New HD Saga (Merged Threads)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Exactly who's price didn't match in the negotiation? Didn't match what?
Right now, the price I'm paying Dish doesn't match their promised programming.

I understand that it's a business and they have to stay profitible, but at the expense of alienating their customer base? I don't have a business degree, but even I know that doesn't make sense. If there was any possible way that the HD channels wouldn't be turned on by Apr 1, Dish should have amended the information Charlie gave during his little "chat" in March, WAYYY before Apr 1.
I agree, plus why announce that a certain channel is coming on certain date, if you dont have a signed contract? If you announce that ,(without a contract), the channel has the leverage in the deal making. If this really is about price/contract(which i dont believe) then Dish, from the very top on down, is totally clueless on how to run a business/public relations..

i am extending the deadline to this Friday ;). which means i have to extend the offer till friday for more posters in this thread. yes, i know this move is getting me even more knee deep in s*** but i received a call from chuckles last night to give him more time. so you got till this friday chucky :eek:

I have to get in on this deal.:hungry:

In one respect Dish is damned if they do and damned if they don't.

The company has to make "coming soon" announcements on channel additions to fight negative churn. If existing customers had no clue new channels were going to be added to their TV service in the weeks ahead it would be easier for competing service providers to lure them into switching. It's a lot easier to stay put and keep using what you have and even easier still if you know that service is going to improve.

The main problem is Dish hangs themselves by being too specific. If they're going to have the balls to put out an announcement of new channels "by April 1" then they really have to deliver by April 1. Their credibility gets shot otherwise. It would have been far safer for them to say "Viacom HD channels - Spring 2009." That would at least give them until mid June to deliver, a more practical target window.

Well, maybe there is a legitimate reason that they weren't able to launch, but if they are going to be so up front with creating the expectation and making the announcement, then they should be transparent as to why they aren't launched and when they expect to have them.

i am extending the deadline to this Friday ;). which means i have to extend the offer till friday for more posters in this thread. yes, i know this move is getting me even more knee deep in s*** but i received a call from chuckles last night to give him more time. so you got till this friday chucky :eek:

Put da BrownHound down for one :hungry:

Yeah I have to agree, this deal seems a little close to April Fools but what the heck, sign me up too! I'm getting a 922 either way.

Nice to see that the half-twits on Dish's Twitter feed are really giving their customers what they want. Their latest tweet:

Been wondering who's tweeting? Look left and you can check out DISH Network's Twitter Team!

Yeah, Dish, that's exactly what I'm wondering today. :rolleyes:

Yeah, if your CEO makes a public promise and you fail to meet that promise, someone in the organization should offer an equally public explanation for why it didn't happen.
I agree. We all know that missed deadlines happen and I would be lying if I said that I have never missed a deadline at work, but when it does happen then I owe an explanation to my customer. Dish Network owes us an explanation, and anything less than that is purely insulting. I'm not locked into a contract, so I'm free to take my business elsewhere. Lack of HD is one thing, but being lied to, misled, and/or uniformed is much more likely to push me over the edge.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts