The Dish Documentary

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

marco916

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 24, 2006
Sacramento
Hey guys, it’s been awhile since I posted on Satellite Guys, but I’ve been lurking around from time to time.

Has anybody checked out the” The Dish” Documentary, not the movie with Sam Neil at Parks “that one was good also, I also watched that one recently” This is about Satellite Technicians that setup FTA dishes in IRAN in remote places and talk about political, governments aspects of setting up a Satellite and receiver in a country where they ban this. Real good watch on Amazon. You might be able to watch it on YouTube as well, haven’t checked yet. Didn’t see it on Netflix. Would like to hear your inputs on it if you checked it out.

Thanks for posting about this documentary. I had not heard of it before. I was able to watch it on Amazon. Very interesting to see the methods of making the dishes and the installation techniques.

Yes, that was the coolest part of the show, how they spun the dishes out. The lengths’ they go to undercover to put the dish up.
Seems like the police cracks down every once in awhile on them.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)