The Dish is UP !!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tonydix

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 22, 2007
Bocas del Toro, Panama
Much to my suprise I have eventually managed to repair and reassemble the 24 foot dish. Its up !! Now all I need to do is run some cables point the dish in the right direction and hope for some signals.

A BIG THANK YOU

to all you guys who have been so helpful with your advice. I am sre I will have more questions but stage 1 is now complete. I thought you might like to see a photo.

Best wishes

Tony

Picasa Web Albums - Marilyn - satellitedish

That's as big as some of the ones ESPN has in front of their facility!

What the hell ya gonna move it with the engine out of the XYL's Volvo?....:rolleyes:
Let's see, if you double the diameter you quadruple the surface area.....so that the same surface area as four Paraclipses all pointed at one focal point! I'm not in an HOA but I think even my neighbors might whine about that one......lol
Where can I get one....hehehehehe:dev
I dont think you will have any trouble locking any of the S2 signals.....you do have an S2 box right?

That's great, must've been a lot of work getting that thing together. I wonder, if you need to work on the lnb, do you have a reallly good ladder? Or will it swing close enough to the ground to reach with an average ladder, lol. Nice job.

You could be part of the SETI project with that thing!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)