The Dish is UP !!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I checked the photo and indeed it does look an identical construction. Mine has a Precision PMJ-LNB C installed do you know what was on his ?

Thanks

Tony

I found them
Here's what his dish had on it

CR_dish.jpg

and

CR_dish2.jpg

What next ?

The dish is up you saw the pictures. I have pointed it at my most south bird Brasilsat 84 degrees. I have set the inclination appropriately 79 degrees and the azimuth 190 degrees true.
Now I could hook up a Legacy II which will drive the dish but will only recieve analogue or the Coolsat 6000 which will receive digital but wont drive the dish !!

The coolsat and the legacy have out of date satellite lists. Are there any updates available ?

Thanks for all the help

Tony

Feed horn and mounting looks identical but my LNB is different
Thanks very much for looking them out. Now onwards and upwards !!
Best wishes
Tony

I believe you have a servo-controlled polarity switching on your feed?

You can use your analog receiver to move the dish and switch polarity, and hook your Coolsat to the LNB output to do your tuning.

I wouldn't worry about the satellite lists yet, just use the east/west controls on the analog to point the dish, and have your CS set for a hot tp on whatever sat you are trying to hit.

You may want to go to lyngsat.com for Brasilsat info, but the Global Communications website's MPEG-2 section has otherwise covered things pretty well. www.global-cm.net
Atlantic satellite list for 70 West to 1 West C/Ku band

Separate C and Ku-band lists for North American satellites
C band 139 to 70 West Ku-band 129 to 63 West

getting rid of the analog receiver:

If you combine a motor controller with the Coolsat 6000, it can move the dish to the desired bird, when you select it with the receiver.
But, since you have a servo on the feedhorn to select between H and V polarity, you'd want one of the two following solutions:
- voltage controlled LNBF like the C1 or C2 (C-band only)
- a Pansat 3500 or maybe 2700(?) FTA receiver, which has servo control

Satellite updates:
- Coolsat - yes
- Legacy - no way that I know of.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)