The end of Directv

For instance at present there are six DIRECTV DVRs in use in our home right now veiwing and/or recording live programming for about 8 required streams.

So how is AT&T TV with a paltry 3 stream max. limit supposed to work here?

You get a second streaming subscription for the price of your DVR, HD, Whole Home and equipment fees. Those fees could easily add up to the cost of a second subscription.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They only offer speeds up to 940Mbps. Not sure how you think you are getting above gigabit

What internet speeds should I expect with 5G Home Internet?
You should expect ultrafast internet speeds using the new 5G Home Internet service with typical speeds around 300 Mbps and, depending on your location, maximum speeds up to 940 Mbps.

He's making it up, which is why I asked for proof and why I won't be getting any.

On a phone Verizon's mmWave maxes out at around 2 Gbps when within a handful of yards of the node with a direct LOS.

If a computer was connected to the Verizon 5G router via wifi, 802.11ax maxes out at around 3.5 Gbps in a perfect lab environment, no way to achieve that 7 - 18 Gbps
If a computer was connected to the Verizon 5G router via Ethernet, both the router and all end devices would need 10 gig NICs to achieve the lower end of that rage, highly unlikely

Providers generally max out dedicated enterprise grade fiber at 10 Gbps, are we expected to believe a technology in it's infancy, that is as unreliable as mmWave NR is able to not just beat but KO the best of the best?

Reactions: comp9
The end of installers also. Don’t have to worry about this happening.

IMG_2478.JPG

yep LA was one of the first to get it. i have the whole home 5G broad band as well. in fact that's how they started it out here is with the whole home 5G service i have a sammy S 10 5G
I have a Sammy 4g, because I knew 5G wouldn't be around here till I have a need for another phone ...
Also, Sprint charged everyone with a S4 an extra $10 p/m incase you happened to go to an area that had 4g ... there was like 2 cities in the states at the time.
I left them when I got tired of them telling me that it would be her in few months .... multiple times.

At home all I have is a 200/10Mbps connection which I’d be willing to bet would be more than enough for 95% of residential customers. I also checked my iPhone 11 today and got 246/23.3Mbps which again for the vast majority will be more then enough for just about everyone. IMHO most of the 5G hype is just so they can sell you new phones and pay for a service you probably don’t need.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

At home all I have is a 200/10Mbps connection which I’d be willing to bet would be more than enough for 95% of residential customers. I also checked my iPhone 11 today and got 246/23.3Mbps which again for the vast majority will be more then enough for just about everyone. IMHO most of the 5G hype is just so they can sell you new phones and pay for a service you probably don’t need.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys
I have 25 mg here and I can do everything I need here ... keep in mind, its just my desktop and my Tablet and the Smart TV.
I can have 100 mg which would be nice, but they want tooo much money for it in my opinion.
I had it for awhile, then decided to save some money and the only other speed they offered was 25, which is ridiculous ... to have only 2 options for internet ... Oh, you can get other speeds, but you have to have TV with them as well.

When I has 100 mg, it didn't act like 100, I has 50 mg from them before the 100 mg and the 50 mg ran better.
Now that I have 25 mg I just have to wait a bit longer for like Netflix to load is all.

what happened here, why is a black man who is a Dish installer getting arrested.

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk
From a post back in 2004 when Claude posted this same pic: "Here is the scoop. Regular traffic stop. Had old legal issue and was released within 3 hours. Vehicle was picked up by DNSC employee."

Reactions: KE4EST
They only offer speeds up to 940Mbps. Not sure how you think you are getting above gigabit

What internet speeds should I expect with 5G Home Internet?
You should expect ultrafast internet speeds using the new 5G Home Internet service with typical speeds around 300 Mbps and, depending on your location, maximum speeds up to 940 Mbps.
940 mbps really thats verizon setting a minimum standard depends the the carrier what band spectrum there using device etc etc the whole home is a whole different animal for some reason... 5g starts at 1 gig down and tops out at 20 gbps research it. I had a moto z3 on Verizon and could not hit over 700 maps. I got the Sammy most of the time I hit close to 2 gbps!!@

940 mbps really thats verizon setting a minimum standard depends the the carrier what band spectrum there using device etc etc the whole home is a whole different animal for some reason... 5g starts at 1 gig down and tops out at 20 gbps research it. I had a moto z3 on Verizon and could not hit over 700 maps. I got the Sammy most of the time I hit close to 2 gbps!!@
That’s a cell phone. That is different. You said you had 5G home service which tops out at 940Mbps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts