The End of VOOM?

Sean Mota said:
And the point of that is what? It will mean that at some point they will sell the HD that they produced to someone but that it's not likely to occur any time soon. In the mean time, there's no need to stay. Start looking for alternatives if you don't have another provider already.
I wonder if Dish will offer Voom subs a deal?

HiDefGuy said:
Wow, so does VOOM get sucked up into Echostar and everything good from VOOM goes away?

Does anyone see this as "good news"? I enjoy all my HD and the good SD PQ, don't wanna go back...

They sold the satellite... Everything else will remain with Cablevision but no way to transmit it unless they decide to incorporate all of that into Cablevision itself and you happen to be in a Cablevision zone.

Wow talk about timing. I'm so relieved this is all over. I was gonna switch in February.

Wow I didn't even realized you posted at 7:40, dang even I'm slow.

Since it did not mention that Echostar picked up the subs of VOOM, one would assume that the number of subs was still very low. 26,000 subs (the number from the prior quarter) represents about a week (or less) of installs for either DIRECTV or Dish. I bet the VOOM subs get a nice package in the mail offering a free Dish500 upgrade!

Scott, I love this site and plan on becoming a supporter soon, but you need better contacts for info:

1-18-05:
"VOOM is not going anywhere, lots of things going on behind the scenes which havent even been mantioned here."

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showpost.php?p=281963&postcount=7

"From what I know Dish does not want VOOM, (they did but not any more) also speaking with some folks from the FCC it is a good posibility if Dish tried to buy VOOM the FCC would Vito it. They want a true 3 DBS option in the United States. VOOM has laid that groundwork down."

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showpost.php?p=281963&postcount=7

So when will the voom boxes go dead?
I think this news needs a clean slate. close this thread and start over?

Hey, maybe Dolan now can figure out how to use the MVDSS spectrum he owns, Voom might not be dead yet, just taking a nap.

Possibility ???? One Corp. = 2 Companies ????? Keeping Voom and expanding it's HD area ??? Dish going on /w its normal operations ?????

Just a Thought ;)

,,...................................NM2046

BFG said:
So when will the voom boxes go dead?
I think this news needs a clean slate. close this thread and start over?
I wouldn't expect them to go dead until the FCC puts it's stamp of approval on the deal.

It may be a month, it may be six. But since it is just the bird and facilities being sold I wouldn't think it would take that long.

I hope my local install guy got the approval today for the rotator for my antenna!!! LOL

Now to call the bank and put a stop payment on that check!!!! Tha basturds!!!
:mad:

Now I wonder, why the infamous memo? Imagine being a senior member of the VOOM staff to read such memo and then the next day learn a different story. Any thoughs on this?

Walter L. said:
Now I wonder, why the infamous memo? Imagine being a senior member of the VOOM staff to read such memo and then the next day learn a different story. Any thoughs on this?

Easy, the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing, happens in business all the time.

Maybe Dish will have the 50 HD channels they talked about a couple of years ago. It's a sad day if you ask me.

For what it is worth, one of my reasons for saying VOOM was not going anywhere is because VOOM is almost finished building a new state of the art uplink center.

From what I know they are still working around the clock getting the uplink center ready for March 1st. And I also know there have been numerous contract signed for programming on Rainbow 2.

I STILL don't think VOOM is dead yet. Getting through the FCC is going to be really tough for Echostar, the big question is what happens to VOOM if the FCC does not approve the deal.

Man what a day it has been. :)

CVC stock is going to take off tomorrow. It already has made some nice upward movement the last 2 days...

Calvin&Hobbes said:
I guess this begs the question, should I go through with my installation on the 28th?
If they will go through with the $1 install, go for it. Free OTA antenna.

Now we have a choice between sh*t (dick), sh*t (dave), and sh*t (cable) for HD content!!! :mad:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)